Friday, February 3, 2012

Wicked Winter Read-A-Thon // Goals & Day One Updates



Hi everyone! I am so excited about this weekend because I am taking part in another read-a-thon.  It is being held for 3 days in total (Feb 3-5) by Hosts: Bex @ Kindle Fever and April @ My Shelf Confessions. I participated in the readathon they hosted last year around Halloween and had a blast! So, I decided it would be fun to join in again to able to get caught up on my reading and have fun! Sign ups are still open and I hope you all will join us. You can click here if you are interested. ^__^

Read-a-Thon Goals:

  • Read at least 2 books. (I hope to read more)
  • Read books I need to review for authors.
  • Do not get stressed out if I can not read all I would like to.
  • Have fun and make friends! :)


Here is the list of books I will be trying to read: (not set in stone)


 I will be doing daily updates throughout the next three days to display my reading progress on my blog along with posting them on twitter @SyCo4Twilight  You can use the hashtag: #WWReadathon and look for everyone's updates. 


Update #1 - 2/3/12 - 4:33 PM EST
Currently Reading: The Deliverer by Jason D. Morrow
Last Book Read: 
Total Books Read:
Total Pages Read: 186
Total Time Spent Reading: 3 1/2 hours
Books Read Since Last Update:
Pages Read Since Last Update: 
Mini Challenges Completed Thus Far: None

Update #2 - 2/3/12 - 10:22 EST
Currently Reading:  The Deliverer by Jason D. Morrow 
Last Book Read: n/a
Total Books Read: 0
Total Pages Read: 254
Total Time Spent Reading: 4 1/2 hours
Books Read Since Last Update: 0
Pages Read Since Last Update: 86
Mini Challenges Completed Thus Far: 
Wintry Sentences | Melissa @ Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf & Welcome into the Unknown | Vicky @ Books, Biscuits and Tea


Below is for the Welcome to The Unknown challenge hosted by:

Here are two photos of my reading area and me with my books.

This is my bed in my bedroom where I do a good 90% of my reading. I feel most relaxed and comfortable laying in bed when reading. As you can see my dog Nikki is on my bed. She was laying with me when I was reading but once I got up to snap this picture she looked over at me like "come back to bed and snuggle". The throw blanket she is laying on is the one "we" use to stay warm while reading on cold nights. 
This is me showing off the books I am going to be reading next. I am so looking forward to read both books. Although I think I may have to start with Cinder. ^_^

7 comments :

  1. sweet ..mine is up too
    http://kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer.blogspot.com/2012/02/wicked-winter-read-thon-february-3rd.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine is up too. http://www.booksandbeyond.net

    I will have to snap a pic of my reading blankie that me,Hercules (black n tan Chihuahua) & Bella (tan n white Pitt bull) hang out on.

    I have Cinder but shyed away thinking it was too steampunk. A little is ok.

    Ill b back to see ur progress later. ツ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Your bed looks so cozy!! And cute dog. :DD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww your dog is super cute! My cat is the same, she always snuggles up in bed with me while I'm reading :) Your bed looks super comfy! And what a great selection of books! I'm dying to read Don't Breathe a Word!

    Thanks for sharing your photos with us!
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone. :) I am glad you all liked my reader place and Nikki.

    Vicky - Hi Vicky.

    Thank you for stopping by. Yes Nikki is cute but rather a pain in the butt as times. :) Snuggles from pets are so special. Nikki has cancer so I dont know how much longer she will live but I love being with her the days I do have.

    Me too. I am so looking forward to reading the book soon.

    -Beckie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian