Friday, September 21, 2012

Book Review: Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry


Title: Pushing The Limits
Author: Katie McGarry 
Number of Pages: 384
Published: July 31st 2012 by Harlequin Teen
Source: Publisher
Genre: Contemporary
Reading Level: YA
Star Rating: ★★★

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.


Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.


Three Words: OH. MY. GOD!!!

I was so totally floored by how amazing this book was. I mean I know I keep hearing all of these great reviews raving about how GOOD Pushing The Limits was but I was still a little hesitant to believe them all. I am so, so, so happy I was able to read this book. Everything about it was so perfect. The Story, the characters, the drama, the romance between Echo and Noah. Once I was done reading, I clutched the book to my chest and did not want to let go. There are books out there that after you finish them you just have this great sense of awe and feeling of happiness. Pushing The Limits gave me that feeling but yet a small part of me was sad that the book was over. I wanted to know more about what happens to Echo and Noah. What their future holds together. 

If you have read the book then you know the story of Echo and Noah but if you still have yet to read it then I will not go into a whole of details about the story. I don't want to spoil anything for new readers. So the story consits of a girl named Echo and a boy named Noah. Both are dealing with there own problems, hardships, and loss. Echo lives with her controlling Father and step-mother. She is trying hard to have a normal life again after what happen to her one night when she was with her real mother. Echo does not remember anything of that night and is told her brain is blocking her memories. One thing she knows for sure is that she has scars on her hands and wrists but doesn't now to where they came from. 
Noah is your YUMMY, hot bad boy with that I don't give a f*** additude that ever girl wants to have. Under that rough exterior Noah has secrets himself. His Mother and Father died in a fire years ago leaving him and her two younger brothers alone. They were split up and put into foster care. Noah will go to the ends of the earth to get his bothers back. 

Both Echo and Noah's world soon collide in a turn of events in which their lives both will be changed forever. 

I just fell head of heels in love with Pushing The Limits. I know I rave about a lot of books I love but this one by far just rocked my world. I was not expecting such a outstanding read. Author Katie McGarry is a GOD! Well, not really but she is very awesome!! Her style of writing and how well her characters evolve with each chapter makes for a entrancing read.
I loved how edgy the story was and the characters. She did not hold anything back while writing.  I cannot recommend Pushing The Limits enough. This book is a MUST read. You will not be disappointing


Noah Fan girl! * squeal*



3 comments :

  1. Love this book too! Glad you enjoyed it like I did :)

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your review honestly makes me want to run to the library in my pajamas, and go pick it up! Awesome review, and I can't wait to read it myself!

    Lisa
    @ turningpages94.blogspot.com
    My Current Giveaway:
    http://turningpages94.blogspot.com/2012/09/giveaway-clearing-my-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this book too!! I think I may be a Noah fangirl as well LOL! Your blog is adorable, I'm now following :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian