Monday, February 6, 2012

{Book Review:} Forget You by Jennifer Echols

Title: Forget You
Author:  Jennifer Echols
Number of pages: 292
Published: Published July 20th 2010 by MTV
Source: Given to read by author (paperback)
Star Rating:  ★★★★
Add on Goodreads: here
There’s a lot Zoey would like to forget. Like how her father has knocked up his twenty-four- year old girlfriend. Like Zoey’s fear that the whole town will find out about her mom’s nervous breakdown. Like darkly handsome bad boy Doug taunting her at school. Feeling like her life is about to become a complete mess, Zoey fights back the only way she knows how, using her famous attention to detail to make sure she’s the perfect daughter, the perfect student, and the perfect girlfriend to ultra-popular football player Brandon.
But then Zoey is in a car crash, and the next day there’s one thing she can’t remember at all—the entire night before. Did she go parking with Brandon, like she planned? And if so, why does it seem like Brandon is avoiding her? And why is Doug—of all people— suddenly acting as if something significant happened between the two of them?
Zoey dimly remembers Doug pulling her from the wreck, but he keeps referring to what happened that night as if it was more, and it terrifies Zoey to admit how much is a blank to her.
Controlled, meticulous Zoey is quickly losing her grip on the all-important details of her life—a life that seems strangely empty of Brandon, and strangely full of Doug.

Before I began I would like to thank Jennifer Echols for allowing me to read one of her novels as well as signing the book for me. I hope you, Jennifer and my readers will enjoy this review. 

I have been hearing a lot of great things about Jennifer's novels from blog friends of mine and knew I wanted to read one. Since I had not yet read any books by her I did not know what to expect. I have recently gotten into Chick-lit genre and after reading Forgot you my love for these type's of books has grown a lot stronger. Forget you has such a amazing story line that will keep the reader wanting to know what will happen next. There is such a passionate relationship between the two main character's in the book and even when you think that both of them could so not be right for each for what happened in the past... they are!

So let's start from the beginning. Zoey is your average teen age girl. She is on the swim team, she works for her Dad at a water park, she has two best friends and a guy friends who she is falling for. What more could one ask for. Zoey ends up having sex for the first time with her crush/friend, Brandon one night at a party. Everything seems to being going good for Zoey. Until one day her Mother attempts suicide because of ongoing problems with her ex-husband. Zoey's world turns upside down with this. She now is being taken from her Mother's home to go and live with her Dad. Zoey does not want anyone to know about what happen to her Mom who is now in a mental hospital. But someone does know and Zoey is not to happy about this. Doug. Both Doug and Zoey have never really been on good terms with each other from a past event that lead to both of them choosing not to like one another. 
One night at a Football game Zoey has a run in with Doug who is nothing but mean to her. Zoey is hurt and decides to go find Brandon at a after-party on the beach but after getting into her car that is the last thing she remembers... There was a car crash and Something happen that night that she cannot remember and now suddenly Doug is being so sweet to her. But why? While Brandon barely will speak to her.

Find out what happens by reading Forget you for yourself. I truly believe if you enjoy chick-lit books then this Forget you would be a perfect fit. I really loved reading about the love/hate relationship between Zoey and Doug. I found myself seeing Doug in a whole new light. At the beginning of the book I was not sure I liked him for the way she was treating Zoey but after seeing him for who he really is makes for a great transformation that took place throughout the book. Now Zoey at times came off as being somewhat naive about what was going on around here. Both of the main character where fun to get to know and I so enjoy reading about how there relationship bloomed along the way. One thing I did not like and this was not the author fault but I hated Zoey's Dad. At some points in the book I wished I could reach into the book and smack him. ^__^ I did in fact like how there was a mystery within the book, trying to find out what really happen to Zoey the night she lost her memory. That makes for a very interesting read in my opinion. Jennifer's writing style was smooth and face paced. Such a captivating love story with a mix of mystery thrown in. As this was my first book read by Jennifer Echols and I whole-hearty enjoyed it, more than I thought I would. I feel that she is a brilliant writer with the rare talent to write such a alluring book to leave her readers wanting more. 

1 comment :

  1. I loved Forget You so much I have already read it twice. I especially love the old school vibe I got from it. This is the first book where people go parking instead of going to someone's house. I loved the mystery of what happened with Zoey and Doug and I was happy we don't know what happens til the end. I was rooting for Doug the whole time. Yes he is the bad boy in the book and I love bad boys but you could tell he truly cared for Zoey and also about his swimming. I loved everyting about Forget You and I know I will be reading this many more times in the furture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian