Saturday, February 25, 2012

{Book Review:} Brightest Kind Of Darkness by P.T. Michelle


Title: Brightest Kind Of Darkness
Author: P.T. Michelle
Number of pages: 364

Published: June 27th 2011 by Patrice Michelle
Source: Given to read by author (Kindle copy)
Star Rating:  ★★★★

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N

Nara Collins is an average sixteen-year-old, with one exception: every night she dreams the events of the following day. Due to an incident in her past, Nara avoids using her special gift to change fate…until she dreams a future she can’t ignore.  After Nara prevents a bombing at Blue Ridge High, her ability to see the future starts to fade, while people at school are suddenly being injured at an unusually high rate. Grappling with her diminishing powers and the need to prevent another disaster, Nara meets Ethan Harris, a mysterious loner who seems to understand her better than anyone. Ethan and Nara forge an irresistible connection, but as their relationship heats up, so do her questions about his dark past.

I was asked several months ago by author, P.T. Michelle to read her book Brightest kind of darkness for review on my blog and have been ever so busy trying to get caught up with reading and doing reviews for authors as promised. I was so pleasantly surprised by how much I really enjoyed her book and how unique the story was right from the start. I truly love to be able to read a book that is unlike any other I have read before. To me it make for such a fun and intriguing read. There are always books out there to read about vampires, witches, werewolf's, ect but to be able to pick one up and discover a untold story that will have you falling in love with the character's or feeling you can't put the book down because you just need to know what will happen to next is priceless.   

So to anyone who has watched or heard of the Final Destination movies this book is a little like this but without all of the gore. Nara is one of the main character's of the book and ever since she was seven years old she was able to dream of her future but only 1 day ahead. Most times she could use this special gift to help herself with minor things like a test at school, or at soccer games to find out which way the ball would come to her as a goalie. Until one day she makes the decision to call the police anonymously with a bomb threat at her school which she saw the night before in her dreams. Nara does not usually interfere with what is meant to be but feels she must in order to save her classmates and friends. When everything is seems to okay again back in school Nara soon meets Ethan; a mysterious loner and slowly begins to form a close friendship.  with him. But Ethan himself has a secret that nobody knows, it is something that Nara will uncover once strange things began to happen in all around her. She starts to question herself if she made the right choice by tempting fate and saving her friends lives who where never meant to be saved. Now it's "Fate's" turn it get even and only Nara and Ethan can be find the way to save the ones who matter most to them and each other. 

I just fell head over heals in love with this book and one of the main reason but not the only reason was: Ethan! He was just the most sweetest, caring, attentive, understanding, tender, loving...uh okay yeah you get the point - Just Perfect. I don't mean too perfect where you just can't stand the character because is he written "to well" but just someone you can relate to and you could see how Nara could fall in love with Ethan. The romance in the book moves at a perfect pace, no instant love. As you read through the book the author took her time building the relationship between the main character's into friendship then developed into love. The story-line was so very unique and like nothing I have read before. I was right away hooked when I started reading. I did find some slow area in the middle of the book but the ending was phenomenal I know I had to read the next one so I could continue their story. I will admit I did cry a scene towards the ending of the book and I feel that any book that can make you just shed a tear is definitelyworth the read. 

Final thoughts: I adore this cover and I love how it corresponds so well to the story but you wont know that until more towards the ending. The title is perfect and beautiful and just like the cover you will not understand why the book is named what it is until you read. :) All in all, I would SO recommend this book to each and everyone of my readers. Thank you again P.T. Michelle for allowing me to read your novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian