Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday # 2 / Special Edition

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Today is my special edition WOW. Why? As some of you already know I am taking part in the Black City by Elizabeth Richards book tour on the 12th. So to gain hype for the tour my WOW is Phoenix (Black City #2). I have been asked by the author to spotlight the book in this Waiting on Wednesday post. Enjoy! :)


Phoenix 
Book #2 Black City
Hardcover
Expected publication: June 4th 2013 by G.P. Putnam's Sons BFYR

Add on Goodreads / Preorder

Engaged to be married, Ash and Natalie are just starting to build a life together, when things in the United Sentry States go from bad to worse. Ash and Natalie find themselves at the center of the turmoil when dictator Purian Rose threatens Natalie’s life unless Ash votes in favor of Rose’s law—a law that will send Darklings and other dissenters to a deadly concentration camp known as the Tenth. 



Ash can’t bring himself to trade Natalie’s life for those of millions of Darklings. The only way to save everyone is to escape Black City and find the Ora, a powerful weapon that could take down Purian Rose for good. But fleeing the city and finding this weapon is easier said than done, if it even exists, and becomes a quest that could tear Ash and Natalie apart, even pushing them into the arms of others.

WHY? 
Isn't it obvious? I mean, WOW just look at that cover. I adored Black City. I so WANT, no NEEEEEDDD Phoenix! I can't wait almost another year for the book to come out.  Don't you just love this cover too?  

Here's a sneak peak from the book, Black City!


The atmosphere in the kitchen drops by a few degrees when Ash spots me sitting at the table. Surprise registers on his face. He’s changed out of his school uniform and is now wearing dark trousers, leather work boots and
a fitted black shirt that accentuates every inch of his powerful, muscular frame.
He looks at me, into me, like he can see every secret I have, every rush of my blood. My pulse races with fear and a much more disturbing, unexpected emotion: desire. I turn away, horrified at my body’s reaction to him. It’s sick and irrational. He’s a Darkling, a predator that would gladly rip my throat out, given the slightest provocation. Then why are my cheeks burning so red?
I’m just hot from the fire, that’s all.
“Ash!” MJ beams.
“Hey, MJ. I swear you’ve shot up another inch since I last saw you,” Ash replies, ignoring the frosty look from Day.
“You’ll be almost as tall as me one day.”
MJ laughs at this. I doubt anyone will be as tall as Ash. He has to hunch over to stop his head from hitting the low ceiling as he walks over to Michael, passing him a crate of canned goods. It all seems so absurd. Ash is a Darkling, not to mention a Haze dealer. He’s a monster. If that’s true, then why is Ash giving Day’s family all that food? my father’s gentle voice whispers inside my head. Is that the action of a monster? A Darkling murdered you! I angrily silence him. Great, now I’m having arguments with my own imagination. That’s how much Ash Fisher’s unsettling me.






 Find Elizabeth @ Website / Blog / FB / Twitter
Elizabeth Richards is a YA author who loves books about supernatural boys, kissing and blood.

Elizabeth recently signed a three-book deal with Putnam, Penguin. BLACK CITY, Book #1 of the BLACK CITY trilogy will be published in North America in November 2012. 





Thank you for stopping by! :) Happy Reading.



7 comments :

  1. I can't wait to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read Black City. Love the cover for Phoenix! Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds good, ill have to check out the first book!

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ABSOLUTELY waiting EAGERLY for this one. I want to know what happens so BADLY. ARGH!!!!

    great choice. My wow http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday-36-and-www.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not even 100% sure what this series is about, but EVERYONE is always talking about it so I can't wait to read it. Has the first one even been released yet?

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WANT BLACK CITY SOOOOOO BAD. This one sounds AMAZING. I can't wait. I miht end up cracking and pre-ordering. lol.
    Stop by MY WOW?
    <3 Inky@ Book Haven Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could be excited for this one, but I am still excited for Black City first.. I'll tackle one at a time haha

    Great pick!

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian