Monday, January 23, 2012

Indie/Self-Published Authors (Meme?)



If you are a book blogger or even enjoy just reading blogs I hope everyone will read this and help me with what I seek. So, I have been doing a lot of thinking about where my time goes each day while I read, blog, and read/send e-mails and one topic that has been on my mind for weeks is that I am a wimp. Yes, I said it I am a wimp when it comes to turning down a book request from a indie/self published author. I so HATE saying no to them, and mostly because I know us book bloggers are there way to get there books out there and bought. So I try to say yes to most author who ask, but see this results in having so many books to read that I become very overwhelmed. I feel, I should be always reading, and tend to loose interest in other things outside of book blogging and reading. There are times that I have a author ask me to review there novel and I end up turning them down for any reason, there books did not interest me, or I am too booked with request - But at the end of the day I feel guilty and sadded. I wish I could read each and every book that is asked of me, but sadly I can not. I mean, am I alone here on this subject or do others feel the same? The reason I am asking is because I thought maybe I could myself make a meme, weekly or when ever you want - that book blogger like myself can promote these authors and draw attention to there books. In my heart I feel that anyone who has the guts to pick up a pen and write a book should be recognized for there hard work. I know this first hand because my Father is a self-published author and growing up at home I would see how hard he worked on his novels.

So all in all I wanted to ask YOUR opinion about this idea and see if anyone would follow me and join in on a meme where once a week we could draw attention to the author and there books.

If I DO receive positive feedback here I will work on this meme (images, info, instructions) within the next few days. So please comment below with yours thoughts/questions/feedback. 

I think also we as book bloggers can even open request to authors who would like to be added within the meme to help promote these books. Just an idea and a linky list would be provided as well for each of us who want to share our links. This too will in turn help everyone find a new read and maybe ever a diamond in the ruff.


4 comments :

  1. I am definitely with you on this one. I'd love to join you with doing or even hosting this meme. I feel so bad when they approach me and I know I'm going to have to reject their offer. I try to do interviews or guest posts when that happens, but I feel like I'm letting them down or something.

    This is a great topic you've brought out.:)

    CYP
    ABookaliciousStory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in. I don't know what to do when I accept a request and it turns out to be chock full of editing glitches or grammar mistakes, and I don't want to write a terrible review because it's so hard to get a self published book edited properly. I was thinking of doing a promo meme as well, so it will be nice to do it with someone else!
    Good idea Beckie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CYP - Thank you so much for your thoughts on the subject. It is just so hard for me and I think a lot of bloggers to turn a author down. I hope I will get more input on this meme idea and begin working on it once I do. :)

    Varsha - Thank you as well and yes I know the feeling. Or when you begin to read a authors book you have accepted and it turns out you just did not care for it. So this meme will be a great way to get those books out there and be heard other that a simple review.

    Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the exact same way, especially if the authors are really nice in their request.

    I think this meme would be a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian