Friday, January 27, 2012

Follow Friday: #14


Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee & alisoncanread

Featured Blogger is Shelleyrae @ Book’d Out

This weeks question is: 
Q: Which book genre do you avoid at all costs and why?


My Answer: Well when it comes to a book genre I try to give any genre a chance because I never know if I may just really end up liking it. Like for example I have seen a lot of books out there that fall into the "Chick-Lit" genre and while I did not feel I would be into a read like this I took the chance with it. I read Anna and The French Kiss and from there developed a love for these types of books. I guess if I could say that a genre that I do not really care for would have to be: historical fiction or romance (w/ no sub genre mixed it). Other than that I mostly do enjoy any type of book and would not see myself trying to avoid the book other that not caring for what the story was about.


9 comments :

  1. I can chance reading a book that is not something I would normally read if I know I'm going to love it.
    New follower.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That awesome that you keep an open mind. :)

    - New follower
    PS. Cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read Anna and the French Kiss and soon. Wow, the peer pressure. :)
    Happy Friday.
    Here's our #FF post

    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower! I agree with you on the historical romance! I also agree about giving things a try...there was a time when I would have said I would NEVER read paranormal - Pshaw! Now I can't imagine NOT reading it :)! Here is my FF if you'd like to follow back: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. new follower. historical fiction and chick lit have always been a hit or miss for me here is my FF for a follow back http://totallybookedsolid.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont like anything historical either.
    New follower, check out my FF and follow me (if possible by GFC) at:
    http://BooksandSparkles.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Anna and the French Kiss too!!!! And yeah there aren't really genres that I avoid particularly either!

    Great post, new follower:)

    Fran
    BookChowDown

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm a new follower!!! I can't wait to read more on your blog!!!! :)

    I'm not really a fan of historical fiction either ... and I don't like romance to be too sappy or fake :)

    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-me-friday-my-first-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in love with Anna and the French Kiss! It such an amazing book! My FF!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian