Saturday, January 7, 2012

{Book Review:} Lola and the Boy Next Door

Title: Lola and the Boy Next Door
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Number of Pages: 338
Published: Published September 29th 2011 by Dutton
Source: Borrowed from Library (hardcover)
Star Rating:  ★★★★
Add on Goodreads: here



Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. 

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


Lola and the Boy Next Door was the second book I have read by Stephanie Perkins. My expectations for this book where pretty high since I so feel in love with Anna and The French Kiss and I must say I was not disappointed in the least. Now I will tell you that I do still love Anna better than Lola's story. Both books where so much fun to read and the author always finds a way to someone touch the readers hearts with such a beautiful and riveting love story. But this book is Lola's story, so here is where it begins...

Lola is a free spirit, a very not normal girl, but in a good way. She never wears the same outfit twice. Lola always needs to wear something to make her stand out. She has a dream to be a clothing/costumes designer. Lola lives with her two Dads, has a wonderful BFF, Lindsey and a hot older boyfriend. Life is good! Until someone or should I say someone's from Lola's past come back to live in her neighborhood again. The Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket are back! While Lola is no longer friends with Calliope. Cricket is a whole another story. He is sweet, and caring, and the last time she saw her he broke her heart. Lola will now come face to face with the boy next door, and come to find that the feeling she once had for him are not buried away but coming back to the surface. A Romantic love story with hardships along the way, and choices will be made - Lola will need to follow her heart... but will it lead her to The Boy Next Door?

absolutely adore this book. The story was light, fun and had such a sweet and tender romance between Lola and Cricket. At times I did find the pace of the book was a little slow, but other than that I so enjoyed reading about Lola's story. I was also very happy to find out that Anna and St.Claire where in the book a little. This is what authors call a companion novel which I found to really enjoy. It was fun being able to read what happen after Anna and St.Claire left Paris. The way Stephanie adds them into Lola's story was flawless. Both books for me have begun a blooming love for Chick-Lit novels. I have never really read many but after taking a chance on Anna and Lola I am HOOKED! I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who has read Anna and the French Kiss as well as just a highly entertaining read. I can so say that Stephanie Perkins has now found a new fan of her books, (me) and I hope she will continue to write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian