Saturday, July 23, 2011

--> Book Review: Entice by Carrie Jones <--


I read this book back in March 2011 but just now getting around to writing my review for it. Please forgive me for my lateness. =D


TitleEntice
Author: Carrie Jones
Number of Pages: 264
Published: Published January 3rd 2011 by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (first published December 14th 2010)
SeriesNeed #3



Goodreads Info: 

Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever.
But that's not quite how things have worked out.

For starters, well, Nick is dead.
Supposedly, he's been taken to a mythic place for warriors known as Valhalla, so Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. But it's taking time, and meanwhile a group of evil pixies is devastating Bedford, with more teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent, and the good guys need all the warriors they can find. But how to get to Valhalla?

And even if Zara and her friends discover the way, there's that other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to go with her? Especially since she hasn't just turned...she's Astley's queen.


My Thoughts: (I gave this book 4 Stars)

This is the third book in the "Need" series and I think possibly my favorite one.  If you have read the first two books you know that Zara learns her birth father is a King Pixie, and everyone she knows are shifters including her Grandma that she lives with in Maine. Zara falls in love with Nick who is a part wolf but there love is put on hold when Zara world is turn upside down when Nick dies after fighting to save Zara from very evil fairies. He is taken away from Zara right before her eyes to a place called Valhalla. Zara doesn't know what to do, her heart is broken in half and is beyond desperate to try to save Nick is she can... but the only way into Valhalla is to be a Pixie herself. Astley who is a pixie himself, who is introduced in book two leads Zara to believe that she is meant to be his Pixie Queen...all it takes in one Kiss! One kiss that will forever change Zara whole world and existence just to save the one she loves so dearly. Zara battles with her choices and whether or not she will make it in time to save Nick... Or when she does save Nick will Nick still love her for who she has become. 
Carrie Jones is a born storyteller and takes you into a dreamworld full of what if. I enjoyed reading this book and wondered what choice I would have made when it came to deciding what to do for love. The Need series is a fast paced fun ride from start to finish. I loved the different element tossed in with Zara's friends and Grandma being able to shift. That was a huge asset in the book plot. I am hoping that Carrie writes a 4th book. Entice leaves the readers on somewhat a cliffhanger. All in all this book rocks and I think anyone who likes books on faries, and pixies will really enjoy Entice and the Need series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian