Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-thon Updates Day Three!


Hi there friends - So I am on the final day of participating in the Once Upon a Read-a-Thon. This event will end tonight at 12 PM est. I hate to say I fear I will not be able to read all three of the books I wanted to read during this event but having a headache, and being busy with some other thing things outside of the house here have left me with not as much time as I would have liked to had have but the day is not over thus here are today updates . Be sure to check back later for more added to this post.



Update #5 - 7/13 3:58PM EST

Currently Reading: Linger
Last Book Read: Released
Total Books Read: 1
Total Pages Read: 521
Total Time Spent Reading 7 hour 21 minutes
Books Read Since Last Update: 1
Pages Read Since Last Update: 98
Mini Challenges Completed Since Last Update: None yet 


Mini-Challange - 7/13 4:22PM EST
I wanted to do at least one of the mini-challenge for the last day of the read-a-thon so the one I chose to do is hosted by Ashley of: Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing. Her challenge was this:


The first is any book of your choice. Pick any book you want and tell me and the 
world why it should be read and loved.


The second is what you would pick as your favorite of the read-a-thon. You can chose to answer this question now, during the third day, or I'll give you one extra day to give that book just waiting to be picked up a chance. :) 

Here are my answers:

(1) I would choose a book that someone very close to me has written, My Dad. The is book is called "Penelope and The Birthday Curse". This book is full of mystery and humor, fun for any tween, YA even adult. My Father wrote this book years ago and never was able to get the book published but recently went with self-publishing and is doing well. I love this book and I think you would as well.

(2) I would choose the first book I read by a new upcoming author Megan Duncun. I read her book, Released on the first day and I must say I enjoyed it a lot. It was a fast read and very enjoyable. I think you would love it! I would so recommend it for you to read. 


Update #5 - 7/13 8:37PM EST

Currently Reading: None
Last Book Read: Liner
Total Books Read: 2
Total Pages Read: 619
Total Time Spent Reading 6 hour 45 minutes
Books Read Since Last Update: 2
Pages Read Since Last Update: 105
Mini Challenges Completed Since Last Update: Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing



Mini-Challange - 7/13 8:39PM EST


I figured I would do the last mini-challange for today and this one is hosted by Nikki of Wicked Awesome Books. This was her challenge:



We all enjoy a good love story (don't deny it!), but sometimes the two (or three or four) characters involved in a love story struggle so much, that I just want to say, 'hey, _____ would be so much better for you!' So in the spirit of matchmaking, I'm setting you with the task of playing cupid and shooting your arrows at two characters from different books in, what I'm calling, LET'S PLAY MATCHMAKER!



Here is my anwser:


1. I think Meghan would be better with Puck than with Prince Ash in the Iron Queen books. Yeah, I love a lot of people love prince ash but I feel Puck has always been there for Meghan from the start and loved her. 
2. I dont think why but I see Alice Cullen with Edward. I just think they would make a cute couple and there personally match well. 




Well after three days it is time for me to say goodbye to a very fun read-a-thon and I hope everyone enjoyed reading long with me and if not then seeing my progress. :) I would have liked to read my 3rd book but I am glad I read Linger tonight. This will be my final update with the read-a-thon. Happy Reading! 











1 comment :

  1. Thanks for joining in on the matchmaker challenge! I agree with you about Alice and Edward though. I always felt they had more than a sibling connection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian