Monday, January 6, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 - Goals & Updates!

Bout of Books


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.



Welcome to Bout of Books 9.0! 

Runs January 6th-12th.
Sign up: HERE 
Twitter hastag: #Boutofbooks


It's time once again for another Bout of Books read-a-thon.  This is my 7th one I've participated in in the past few years and if you've never done one you're surely missing out. I want to mix things up a little this time and read more books that I own (including ARC's) and less from the library. I have all week free so I plan on reading much more this time. :) 


On this post you will find what books I will be reading, my goals and daily updates throughout the next week. I will be updating THIS post each day, so check back often to see what's new. I may do a few other posts throughout the week to recap. Also all mini-challenges I complete will be at the end of this post as well. 

 I will be also posting my day-by-day updates on my twitter account.  @SyCo4Twilight using the hashtag #boutofbooks







Time Devoted to Reading:
  • I will be reading from the 6th-12th.

Goals:
  • Read 3-5 Books.
  • Do mini-challenges. 
  • Keep up with daily updates. 
  • Be more proactive with commenting on others blogs.
  • READ MORE, GET DISTRACTED LESS! 
  • Do Twitter chats and chat more with Bout of Books participants. 

Books I will be reading - 
( These book may be subject to change )



Hope Defined by Shannon Humphrey (for review) 
Entwined with You (Crossfire #3) by Sylvia Day
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma 
Time After Time (Time Between Us #2) by Tamara Ireland Stone 
Saints (Boxers & Saints #2) by Gene Luen Yang 
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner (getting from library tomorrow)



Day One UpdatesJanuary 6th, 2014
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total:


Day Two UpdatesJanuary 7th, 2014
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 

Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total: 


Day Three UpdatesJanuary 8th, 2014
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total: 

Day Four UpdatesJanuary 9th, 2014

Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 

Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total: 


Day Five UpdatesJanuary 10th, 2014
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 160
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total: 2


Day Six UpdatesJanuary 11th, 2014
Number of books read today: 1
Total Pages Read today: 120
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 1
Number of books read in Total: 3


Day Seven UpdatesJanuary 12th, 2014
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total: 



Double Date Book Challenge hosted by Lori @ Writing My Own Fairy Tale

For this challenge I need to choose two books at I would recommend to someone to read together (like a double date!) and explain your reasons for the recommendation.



I have chosen Romeo and Juliet and Warm Bodies. Why? Warm bodies is pretty much Romeo and Juliet re-telling with zombies. Both books are amazing and tell the stories of forbidden loves.






This next challenge is hosted by Kate @ Midnight Book Girl
Book Staging ChallengeDescription:  You know how real estate agents will stage an apartment to attract potential buyers?  Well, that’s what you’re going to do to a book!

Rules: Take a picture of a book you’re reading today, or any book you have lying around.  In the picture you should have the book in a setting, or surrounded by items, that represent the book.  It can mimic the cover, or represent characters/events/etc from the story.  Basically, make us want to read the book based on picture alone.
So here is mine done with my current read, These Broken Stars.





The Bookish Wedding Challenge is hosted by Melissa @ Harley Bear Book Blog

1. Which fictional character would you marry?

Really? Just ONE! *pouts* :( Okay, if I had to choose only one then I pick, Tod from The Soul Screamers series (hmmm. do dead guys count?) 

2. Who would be your Maid of Honor or Best Man?

Sophie Mercer from the Hex Hall series - Why? She rocks! I totes could see her as a BFF.

3. Which fictional world would you want to get married in?

Never never from The Iron Fey series. HA, I like to live on the edge. ;)

4. Who would you pick to play the music at your wedding?

Edward Cullen. Ooo!

5. Who would be your photographer?

Hmmm. not sure. Does he have to play the part of a photographer in the book? If not, then I'd choose Cinder from the book, Cinder by Marissa Meyer. 

6. Who would you sit at the singles table (and hope they'd fall in love)?

Casey Allison from Disneylanders by Kate Abbott. 

7. Who would be your flower girl or ring bearer?

I would choose George from My Life Next Door (I want to pinch his cheeks SO BAD!) and for the flower girl I would choose, Rue from The Hunger Games. *poor Rue* 

8. Who would you want to plan the bachelorette/bachelor party?

I would choose two female to plan the P-A-R-T-Y! One would be Vee from the Hush, Hush series. He outgoing and fun additude would surely make things fun or at lease intresting. haha  Two, I'd choose Gwen Frost from the Mythos Academy series. I'm sure she could come up with some fun party games, like "what in your purse".0_o


9. At the wedding, who would be the first on the dance floor?

Me, of course. Oh you mean besides the obvious? Hmm... Puck from The Iron Fey series.  (right after he spikes the punch. :/ )

10. Who would give a speech or toast?

Hmm... not sure about this one. Gandalf maybe? haha!


11. Who would catch the bouquet or garter?

An random, fly-by fairy.... Still not sure if she was invited? 






Wish me luck! :) Leave me a comment and I will be sure to come visit you back. 
Have fun! 

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. I'm already getting distracted! I love hoping by and seeing what everyone is reading. I've heard a lot of buzz about These Broken Stars. :) Good luck on your goals!

    My Bout of Books Goals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this week! These Broken Stars is really good - I got it from Netgalley and really liked it :) Distraction has been the name of the game today...well not so much distraction as life. Had errands to run, then got home to do some college, eat lunch, and exercise, and then the kids and hubby got out of school/work early, so they were here with me in the time I expected to read. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian