Monday, June 18, 2012

Book Review: The Dirt by Lori Culwell


Title: The Dirt
Author: Lori Culwell
Number of Pages: 205
Published: November 22nd 2011 by Booktrope Editions
Source: Publicist (paperback copy)
Genre: 
Chick Lit 
Reading Level: YA 
Star Rating: ★★★
1/2
Goodreads | Purchase

Lucy Whitley cannot wait to get out of Palm Desert. It’s not a place for a frizzy-haired science nerd, particularly when her fashion-obsessed older sister Sloane is the head of a clique of pretty girls who rule the school—and practically the whole town.Fortunately, life is about to change forever. Lucy’s dad is getting re-married, and then she can transfer to a boarding school in Connecticut, escaping all the mean girls and the endless whispers about the Whitley family scandal. Everything is going to be perfect—as long as the wedding goes smoothly.




First Impressions: I have come to find I adore the genre of Chick Lit and have recently been reading many of these types of books. So when I was asked by Lori's Publicist to read and review her book I was super excited. I just love the cover of the book, so very simple and fits the story to a tee. From what I read in the blurb about the book provided for me I knew The Dirt would be a excellent fit. 

My Review: Upon opening the book and reading the first page I was hooked already. The story moved along very quickly and as I read I found there was never a dull moment throughout the book. While The Dirt is a short read with only 205 pages it surely packed a punch; leaving the reading always wanting more. 

Lucy Whitley and her two sisters, Sloane and are the talk of the town. Being rich and having wild gossip always surrounding them is part of there every day lifes. Lucy wants nothing more than to get through her Father's wedding, move away from all of drama and go to a prestigious boarding school in Connecticut. Oh course nothing seems to go as planned for Lucy. When her Father and new step-mother are about to say their "I DO"S", when "someone" from the past shows up with shocking news. Now Lucy is being forced to leave for vacation with her family and the "new addition" is coming along for the ride. While what comes in the story next will blow you away. The Drama, The Deception and The Dirt makes for a thrilling read.

I adore everything about the book from the cover to the story itself. Very fresh and unique. I loved how smooth and fast the pace of the book when. The story and the character's were very entrancing. I could not put the book down, literally. I stay awake until 1 AM to finish the book. I just found I NEEDED to know what came next and how it would end. I really enjoyed Lucy's characteristics although I did feel she was a but whiny at times. Sloane. Well she is the girl you love to hate, always at the root of all the drama and scandal's. Author Lori Culwell has written such a fun book for all ages and definitely knows how to dish out The Dirt

Final Thoughts: The book has beyond any doubt lived up to my expectation's. The Dirt is a true form of a Chick Lit novel. Anyone  who enjoy these types of books as I do would wholeheartedly "dig" The Dirt


1 comment :

  1. This sounds like the perfect summer read. I love that it grabbed you in the first few pages and that you found it to be a quick and enjoyable read. I haven't read a lot of chick-lit but the ones I have I enjoyed. Thanks for sharing your awesome review

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian