Thursday, June 14, 2012

Author Guest-Post: "My Hero" by Ashley Stoyanoff


Hello everyone! Today I will be sharing with my readers a fantastic guest post from a new Indie author, Ashley Stoyanoff. Her first novel is called The Soul's Mark: Found which is YA paranormal romance. After the guest-post be sure to check out more info about Ashley's new novel below. Thank you and happy reading!



My Hero by Ashley Stoyanoff *

From a very young age we are told that we can be anything or do anything if we work for it. Our teachers, parents, family, friends, basically everyone we come across asks us, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” And when we answer, they always say, “You can do it.”

For me, this has always been an easy answer.  Sure there were the usual things like a princess, an astronaut, and a movie star, but more than anything else, I have always wanted to be like my mother.  I know this will probably sound tacky, but it is thanks to her that I have realized that I really can do anything if I put my mind to it.

My mom, Jo-Anne, is a living, breathing miracle.  A few years ago she fell off her horse.  After being airlifted to a hospital and rushed in for emergency surgery, the doctors said that she probably wouldn’t make it through the night.  She had suffered substantial head injuries including internal bleeding on the brain. 

It was a struggle for awhile but not only did she wake up, she is now living on her own, taking care of herself and has a fulltime job.  Her goal after her injury (once her memory finally came back) was to be self-sufficient and I am proud to say that she has succeeded. 

When I first started writing my new novel, The Soul’s Mark: FOUND, there were times when I wanted to just give up.  Writing a full length novel can be a lot of fun and 99.9% of the time I loved it, but there was always that small part of me that got frustrated, especially when I was staring at a blank computer screen and could not think of anything to write. 

But each time I wanted to throw my manuscript out the window I thought about my mom. About the loving person she had always been and all the things she has gone through.  If she can go through a complete life change and do it with a smile, well then, I could finish a novel. 

Not only was her life story my silent inspiration, she also took the time to be my fulltime sounding board while writing.  When I got stuck on a plot twist or a character name or really anything I needed to talk through she was there.  She encouraged me along the way and her belief that I could write pushed me through all the bumps in the road.

It gives me great pride to say my mom is definitely my hero and I strive every day to be as truly amazing as she is.



The Soul’s Mark: FOUND by Ashley StoyanoffYou Cannot Run From Destiny!ISBN: 978-0988077515 (Paperback)ISBN: 978-0988077508 (eBook)

What would happen if you found out your whole life had been mapped out for you, your soulmate was a vampire, and you found yourself in the middle of a deadly game of revenge?

Author Ashley Stoyanoff answers these questions and more in The Soul’s Mark: FOUND, a young adult paranormal romance novel filled with suspense and imagination.  Stoyanoff thrives on the thrill of creating a fictional realm packed full with unique characters, intense drama, and splashes of humor.
Josie Epping, young adult book blogger for Josie’s Haven, says, "Four and a half stars!  Ashley Stoyanoff does a wonderful job creating this paranormal romance."

The Soul’s Mark: FOUND takes a fresh and unique twist on soulmates.  Eighteen year old Amelia Caldwell has just moved to college when she realizes that her birthmark is more than what it seems.  She has been marked by a vampire’s soul. She is forced to unlock the painful memories of her past, and make life changing decisions.  Just when she thinks that life couldn’t possibly get any worse, Amelia’s reluctant meeting with a psychic reveals a prophecy that could ultimately change her entire life.  
"There is danger in your future. Many wish you harm and will seek to destroy you. The one you love most will be the cause of your death. But be warned he is also the only one who can save you. Revenge is for the weak. When the time comes you will need to forget the past and forgive those who have harmed you. Only then will you be able to forgive yourself. If you choose to be weak you will sacrifice those you love.”  

 

Ashley Stoyanoff lives in Whitby, Ontario and loves diving into the magical world of creating fiction.  Over the years she has written numerous short stories. The Soul's Mark: FOUND is her debut novel.  When not writing, she can be found reading sappy novels, watching cheesy chick flicks, and buying far too many clothes.




Want to read a sneak peek chapter? Go to: http://www.ashleystoyanoff.com/sneak_peek.html


Want to buy The Soul’s Mark: FOUND?  Go to: http://www.ashleystoyanoff.com/buy_the_book.html to find it at your favorite retailer.

Want to know more about Ashley Stoyanoff?  
You can always find her at any of the following places:


1 comment :

  1. What an amazing post, I am inspired not to give up on my own. and will be adding the souls mark to my to read list, I look forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian