Friday, April 6, 2012

Follow Friday (#21)


  Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee & alisoncanread


Featured Bloggers:
Jess @ The Romanceaholic
Kylie @ The Talking Teacup


Q: Have you ever bought a book BECAUSE of a bad review?






My Answer:  Yes, all of the time. I try really hard not to base my opinion of a book by bad/negative review I have read. There are a couple reasons why. One, and possibly the most important is that I feel everyone reads and views books differently. When I read a bad review I do understand that reviewer/reader did not like the book but maybe I would. There has been many times I have read a bad reviews on a novel and then read the book and loved it or visa versa. But as far as this question goes I do feel people SHOULD by or loan book after reading a bad review. Not everyone one has the same views as the person who did not like the book. Ex. I have recently read a review for the book Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and the reviewer went far and beyond telling everyone had awful the book was. Most of the comments left on this negative review where people saying: "after reading your review the book it sounds bad and they are glad they did not try to read the book themselves". 

Ending point: ( and I am sorry for ranting here. ^__^ )

Yes, go and buy or loan a book that does have a negative review because YOU never know what you will honestly think of a book until you read it for yourself.


All opinions are 100% my own and may not be of others. 

3 comments :

  1. Great answer. I agree that everyone has different tastes and what one person might dislike you might love.

    Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree, everyone is different!

    Following from FF - sorry it's taken me a while to get round to you! It's my first week joining in, I hope you might have time to visit my FF post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian