Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (#1) + Teaser Tuesday (#21)

Hey everyone! I have decided I want to participate in another meme on Tuesday. Top Ten looks like a lot of fun to do so from now on both Teaser Tuesday and Top Ten Tuesday will be combined in one post. :)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!



Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment.

Top Ten Books To Read In A Day.

  1. The Soul Screamer's Series by Rachel Vincent - These books are amazing and I could read the whole series in one day if I wanted to. If you have not read this series I would so say go now and get the first book. You will not be disappointed.
  2. Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - I dearly love this book and could so read Anna and The French kiss everyday. Stephanie rocks the chick-lit genre. 
  3. Clarity by Kim Harrington - I did in fact read this book in one day. Loved every page of it. 
  4. Forgotten by Cat Patrick - Forgotten is one of my favorite books read of 2011. Simply amazing!!
  5. Imaginary Girls by Nova Rem Suma - I just ate this book up and wanted second helpings right after. 0_o Just one unique and outstanding novel.
  6. Wither by Lauren DeStefano - I do know a lot of people who did not care for Wither but I just feel in love with it right away. This book is another one of my favorite novels of 2011.
  7. Bad Girl's Don't Die by Katie Alender - This book gave me nightmares (honestly) but I LOVED it!! This series has given me a new found love for scary novels.
  8. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - Freaking awesome book!! Walk run out to the bookstore now and buy Shatter Me if you have not read this one yet.
  9. Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood - This book is phenomenal!! Born Wicked rocked my socks. I could read it a few times in one day it is THAT good!
  10. Cinder by Marissa Meyer - OMG! - Need I say more! ^__^ 

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

The Rules:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) or so “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title &  author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.

This week's teaser comes from The Girl in the Steel Corset written by Kady Cross.



"Why do I feel like maggots are crawling beneath my skin?"

"The Organites," Griffin whispered to Emily. 

[Taken From Page 43]




What was your teaser for this week? I would love to know. :) 
*Mine was kind of gross! Ugh! LOL*




6 comments :

  1. The books I've read on this list - like Imaginary Girls - totally rocked so I'll have to check the others out.

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. I don't know what the Organites are but they do not sound pleasant.

    Great tease! Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved shatter me! The striking out thing was so unique! I had never seen that in a book before!

    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping to read Shatter Me soon... just waiting for my library to order it. It sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a different kind of teaser but I kind of like it!

    My Teaser Tuesday!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to get my hands on those books in your TTT!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian