Thursday, February 10, 2011

--> Book Review: The Iron Daughter - by Julie Kagawa <--



I read The Iron Daughter about 2 weeks ago. I wanted to do a review since I loved this book amazing much. So here we go...

TitleThe Iron Daughter
Author:  Julie Kagawa
Number of Pages: 359
Published: Published August 1st 2010 by Harlequin Teen (first published July 27th 2010) 
Series: Iron Fey #2


GoodReads Info:

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

My Thoughts: (I gave this book 4.5 Stars)


Well this is the second book in the Iron Fey series, if you have not read the first one I suggest you do to understand a lot of whats going on in this book. After reading the Iron King I feel in love with this series and now after reading The Iron Daughter I can say these books are one of my fave series I have read in a lot time.  I feel the whole storytelling of the Folklore was simply amazing. I felt like I was right along with Meghan in the book. So Meghan goes thought a LOT more trails in the book that keep you wanting more. She falls more in love with Ash and Puck comes back into the picture. She is now having mixed feeling about who she loves. She now knows that Puck is in love with her but she so deeply love Prince Ash. She is willing to risk her life for him.   She has to face a new evil, one she has been up against before to save her Prince and her own life. I did cry a bit because of some of the chapters were full or sadness and I know Meghan has so much to deal with.  I found that Meghan will do a lot more fighting in the next book, although the end of The Iron Daughter may show us otherwise. I really enjoyed this book and SO looking forward to read the 3rd novel soon. I believe that anyone who believes in Magic will love this book. Julie Kagawa does a remarkable job writing. Such a pure joy for me leaving me wanting more.

1 comment :

  1. I LOVE this series! It's one of my favorites. I can't wait for you to read the next books! ...that is, if you plan to...?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian