Sunday, February 27, 2011

--> Book Review: Chosen - by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast <--




TitleChosen
Author: P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
Number of Pages: 307
Published: Published March 4th 2008 by St. Martin's Griffin
Series: House of Night (#3)



GoodReads Info:

Dark forces are at work at the House of Night and fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird’s adventures at the school take a mysterious turn.  Those who appear to be friends are turning out to be enemies.  And oddly enough, sworn enemies are also turning into friends.  So begins the gripping third installment of this “highly addictive series” (Romantic Times), in which Zoey’s mettle will be tested like never before.  Her best friend, Stevie Rae, is undead and struggling to maintain a grip on her humanity. Zoey doesn’t have a clue how to help her, but she does know that anything she and Stevie Rae discover must be kept secret from everyone else at the House of Night, where trust has become a rare commodity.  Speaking of rare: Zoey finds herself in the very unexpected and rare position of having three boyfriends. Mix a little bloodlust into the equation and the situation has the potential to spell social disaster.  Just when it seems things couldn’t get any tougher, vampyres start turning up dead. Really dead. It looks like the People of Faith, and Zoey’s horrid step-father in particular, are tired of living side-by-side with vampyres.  But, as Zoey and her friends so often find out, how things appear rarely reflects the truth…

My Thoughts: (I gave this book 5 Stars)

After reading the first and second book in this amazing series I knew Chosen must be good, even when I found mixed reviews about the third book, I just had to keep reading. I am SO glad I did. After reading Chosen I was more in love with this series. I believe this one was the best book thus far. Of course I am only on the 3rd book in the series. I just could not put it down. If I did and went to do something else I found myself thinking what will come next and the need to read more. Zoey the main character in Chosen has a lot to deal with in this book more than what she did in the past in the months she has been at the HON. We find Stevie Rae is the undead and Zoey is trying so hard to make her feel and "BE" normal again. Even with the help of Aphrodite, the person least likely to help her she struggles to find a way to change Stevie Ray back human. In the process of this she is dealing with not telling her friends about Stevie Rae and a lot more going on. Zoey falls more in love with Loren who she comes to find out is no good... I found myself feeling so sorry for Zoey more and more through-out this book and in the end leaving me to wonder what is happen next to Zoey and the nerd-herd. There is a lot to cover in this book, like why are teacher Vamps dieing and by who's hand? I am so looking forward to reading the next installment of this book and dig deeper into Zoey's world in the House Of Night! This book has been a true joy for me to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian