Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Top Ten of 2014 - Day 3: Best Dual POV’s Of 2014

Welcome to Day Three! Today's Top Ten is Best Dual POV’s Of 2014. 
(It was bloggers choice)


Hillary and I once again will be splitting the list between us, 5 each. Enjoy and see you tomorrow!


Today's Top Ten List is

- Best Dual POV’s Of 2014 -


  • Beckie's Top 5 Dual POV’s-ish (a couple books have more than 2)
1.
The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow

I loved seeing the story being told from all three sister's POV. Especially since  Savannah, Courtney, Peyton are so very different characters. (I know dual means two but I had to add this book)

2.
Take Me On (Pushing the Limits #4) by Katie McGarry 

Katie McGarry is famous for writing her books in dual POV's between the main characters.
I loved getting to know West and Haley separately and seeing how each of the felt about each other. The best was seeing their different lives/stories become intertwined and they feel in love with each other. 

3.
Wings (Black City #3) by Elizabeth Richards

This book quite possibly may be my favorite dual POV and not only in Wings but in the entire series. The way the author writes each character's POV gives the book so much more depth, and life. 


4.
Very Bad Things by Susan McBride

I just finishing read this one a couple days ago and really, really enjoyed it. Susan tells the story from 3 different POV's. Katie, her boyfriend, Mark and Tessa. This is one of those books that if it wasn't told from more that one POV that the story was not work at all. To really understand the mystery you need to hear it from all of the main characters POV's.

5.
Forever (Temptation #3) by Karen Ann Hopkins

Forever is being told from again more that two POV's but it works. If you've read this series than you know what I mean. Karen Ann Hopkins has a way of making you fall in love with her characters, their hardships, and richly developing each main characters story.




  • Hillary's Top Dual POV’s
1.
The Edge of Always by J.A. Redmerski

2.
Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead

3.
The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings

4.
My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal

5.
Panic by Lauren Oliver



Are there any books from our list that made yours? What book(s) did YOU think had the best dual POV's in 2014?
Leave us a comment! :) We'd LOVE to know.

Remember to check back tomorrow for day 4: 
Best Book Boyfriends of 2014!







12 comments :

  1. I've only read Panic from your list, and I enjoyed the dual POVs. I need to get round to reading Silver Shadows asap!

    Here's a link to my top 10 villains:

    http://welcome-to-zeds-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/day-3-top-10-villains-of-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave Panic a low rating because the story didn't work too well with me, but I still enjoyed how Lauren Oliver differentiated the pov's and made it clear who was who. And I hope you read Silver Shadows soon! I LOVED it! :D

      Delete
  2. I've only read Panic, but didn't like it very much. Murder Complex is on my TBR. I'm not really a fan of Dual POV, I can't even think of good ones I've read. For my own post today, I messed up with it and I posted about Best Less Known Authors/Books, but then realized they are all Adult Titles, which fills the criteria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to the Murder Complex! I enjoyed it enough to want to read book 2. And I agree with you on Panic. Thanks for commenting Karsyn! :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of those books but looks like I should now.

    I did best plots of 2014 - http://wp.me/p21FJY-1QT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should read all of these books! Some of them kept me up until the wee hours of morning. Thanks for commenting! ^_^

      Delete
  4. I need to catch up on Elizabeth Richards series. I really liked the first book! Can't wait to see how Adrian and Sydney's story will end. The last book was fantastic! But I'll have to admit, I wasn't a big fan of the dual POVs in those last two books. I know that it was kind of necessary for what she did to the characters but I just really didn't like it. I think I might have liked it better not knowing what was going on, on the other end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see how Adrian and Sydney's story will end either! I just love this series and I know I'll be sad for it to be over, but as long as it ends well, I'll be okay. :) And everyone has their own opinion on what they like and don't. I respect yours and can only hope you enjoy The Ruby Circle! :D

      Delete
  5. Totally agree with Take Me On!!! And I loved My Last Kiss. I loved that book! Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit that My Last Kiss had a really slow pace, but I did like how we got to see different events depending on whose point of view we were reading from. It made what was happening a lot more broader in range.

      Delete
  6. Loved Silver Shadows, Take Me On and My Last Kiss! I think the dual POVs just made them so much more powerful :) Great list ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The different POV's did make the stories more powerful! ^_^ Thanks for the comment Christy!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian