Monday, December 22, 2014

Top Ten of 2014 - Day 1: Best Books We've Read in 2014

Hi everyone! 
Another year has flown by in what seems like a blink of an eye. I must say 2014 has been a GREAT year in books!  To honor all of the books we've read and loved, Hillary and I have decided to take part is the annual Top 10 of 2014 event! Hosted by Two Chicks On BooksReading YA RocksMagical Urban Fantasy Reads and Tales of a Ravenous Reader. We are both super excited to share our lists with you for the next 5 days. Hillary and I will be splitting the list between us, 5 each. Enjoy and see you tomorrow!

Today's Top Ten List is

- Best Books We've Read in 2014 -

  • Beckie's Top 5 Books of 2014
1.
Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands #1) by Sarah Fine

“Figures. The first time a guy tells me I’m beautiful, I’m in hell and he’s delirious.” 

― Sarah Fine, Sanctum

2.
Hexed (The Witch Hunter #1) by Michelle Krys

 “And I just know that this memory will be forever burned into my brain, because this kind of magic - the kind that can't be conjured with a spell, where everything is just right, and all your problems vanish for three perfect minutes - doesn't happen everyday.” 
― Michelle Krys, Hexed

3.
White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

“People with the purest souls are capable of the greatest evils. No one is perfect, no matter what they are or what side they fight for.” 
― Jennifer L. Armentrout, White Hot Kiss

“At some point, Roth had gotten hold of my cell and replaced Zayne's name with Stony and listed his own number under Sexy Beast. What a tool” 
― Jennifer L. Armentrout, White Hot Kiss - (*snicker*) =P


4.
Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1) by Danielle Paige

“You say wicked like it’s a good thing.” 
― Danielle Paige, Dorothy Must Die

“Be brave. Be angry. Don't trust anyone.” 
― Danielle Paige, Dorothy Must Die


5.
The Queen of Zombie Hearts (White Rabbit Chronicles #3) by Gena Showalter 

“Roses are red, violets are blue, I have five fingers, the middle one is for you.” 
― Gena Showalter, The Queen of Zombie Hearts


  • Hillary's Top 5 Books of 2014
1.
Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson

2.
Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead

3.
Effortless With You by Lizzy Charles

4.
Porcelain Keys by Sarah Beard

5.
The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes



Did any of our favorite books make your list? Are there any you'd wish you read in 2014 but didn't get a chance to? Leave us a comment! :) We'd LOVE to know.

Remember to check back tomorrow for day 2: Best Book Covers of 2014.







38 comments :

  1. Silver Shadows is next on my TBR list and I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I've also been seeing Jennifer Armentrout's White Hot Kiss on a few lists today and I wasn't interested before but now I definitely am =P

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you enjoy Silver Shadows! Especially since book 6 will be released in just two months and even though I'm sad the series is ending, I really want to know what happens. I'm sure the ending for Adrian and Sydney will be absolutely perfect! ^_^ Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
    2. I still have to read that series. *feels guilty*
      Oh my God!! Yes, you HAVE to read White Hot Kiss. It totally is one of my fave books of 2014 and of all time!

      Thanks for stopping by, Emily!
      - Beckie

      Delete
  2. LOVED White Hot Kiss and Silver Shadows! I have Since You've Been Gone sitting on my shelf just waiting for me to read it, hopefully I'll get to it soon though, I've heard such amazing things about it :)

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Christy! Glad you liked the books we chose.

      - Beckie

      Delete
    2. I'm so happy you enjoyed Silver shadows! And you definitely should get to reading Since You've Been Gone! Don't be surprised if you develop an unhealthy crush on Frank Porter though... :P Thanks for commenting Christy! n_n

      Delete
  3. I was supposed to buy Silver Shadows but I never got round to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have the other books in the series?

      - Beckie

      Delete
    2. Definitely buy Silver Shadows! But only if you have books 1-4...you don't want to spoil the fun before you get to the best parts! :D

      Delete
  4. Loved Silver Shadows. Adrian is my husband. Been wanting to read Since You've Been Gone and The Art of Lainey.

    Best Books I’ve Read in 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, Thanks for stopping by! ;) I too have been wanting to read The Art of Lainey. There's always next year.

      - Beckie

      Delete
    2. Jennifer...I might have to fight you over Adrian! LOL I think he's the only male character that's been stuck in my head since I first read the VA series. :D I hope you get to read Since You've Been Gone & The Art of Lainey! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  5. Oooh, White Hot Kiss was also another favorite of mine but it didn't make it to my list :/ Forgive me, Roth! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have read so many books for it to not have made your list! Lucky! ;P Thanks for commenting Melissa! :D

      Delete
    2. Ooo! Just the mere mention of his name *Roth* makes me smile and sigh. ;)
      I swear I WANT that mans, BABIES! o_0 *oops, did I say that out loud?!*

      - Beckie

      Delete
  6. Thank you Jaime! And I'm glad I could join Beckie and everyone else this year in the Top 10 of 2014! n_n

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had no idea that there's an actually meme/blog hop for top 10 2014 books. HAHA

    I have Since You've Been Gone as an audiobook, I'm very excited to listen to it. As for Hexed…it's one of my hates books ever HAHAH I just couldn't connect to the character although it was a funny read. :))

    www.lite-rate-ture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea either until I saw Two Chicks on Books were going to host it. I knew right away I wanted to join and see what I could come up with for my part of the list. I hope you enjoy Since You've Been Gone as much as I did Chyna! Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete
  8. I neeeeeeed to read Silver Shadows soon! Like. omg. I'm waiting for the paperback to come out though. Fabulous list! :)

    - Ri @ Hiver et Cafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely neeeeeed to read Silver Shadows soon! It was amazing! I didn't even care how expensive the hardcover was, I just bought it or I felt like I'd die from desperation lol. Hope you love it as much as I did! ^_^

      Delete
  9. I needed to get to Sanctum and may move it up on my list.Awesome list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only read Dorothy Must Die on your lists, but it didn't make my list. I liked it, but didn't love it. I may show up on tomorrow's list for me though. :) Thanks for sharing! Here's my Best Books of 2014 post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read Dorothy Must Die! :( Thanks for commenting Karsyn Smith! :D

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I loved The Art of Lainey too! I wish it never ended and that Micah was real! He would make the perfect boyfriend! :D

      Delete
  12. The Art of Lainey and Dorothy Must Die are such beauties <3 Great list, Beckie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment latinareading! And did you read The Art of Lainey and Dorothy Must Die? :)

      Delete
  13. Awesome list! So many books I really really want to read! I'm glad you like them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read ALL of them soon Hira! Thanks for commenting! ^_^

      Delete
  14. Great list! Sanctum sounds epic, I put it on my to read list! :)

    Ronnie @ Paradise Found

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like Sanctum Ronnie! Thanks for commenting! n_n

      Delete
  15. Great picks! Hexed is on my TBR...need to bump it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read Hexed too! Hope you like it when you read it! :]

      Delete
  16. So many great picks! I love the Splintered covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Brooke! ^_^ Which ones are the Splintered covers? :/

      Delete
  17. Love love love White hot kiss, Dorothy must dies, anything written by Richelle Mead and Jena Showalter! Great list. Happy Holidays :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you love Richelle Mead! I love her for writing such amazing books (and gorgeous male characters like Dimitri and Adrian! ^_^). Happy Holiday's to you too! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian