Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday # 20 + Teaser Tuesdays # 45

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! 


This week's Top Ten is: 


Top Ten Favorite Beginnings/Endings In Books

1. The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa - The ending just brought me to tears. I mean full out sobbing like a baby, box of tissues, snot and all! haha

2. Beautiful Lies by Jessica Warman - The ending of this book totally BLEW. MY. MIND!

3. Immortal City (Immortal City #1) by Scott Speer - Both beginning and the ending were spectacular! One of my favorite books last year.

4. Slide (Slide #1) by Jill Hathaway - Mostly the ending but the beginning was amazing as well or as said in my review: "Slide rocked my socks off".

5. The Devouring (The Devouring #1) by Simon Holt - OMG, the ending was SO scary! I had nightmares after reading this book. The whole book was one big freak fest. Also it's one of 5 books I literally didn't put down until the very end. (even if that meant staying up to 3 am) 

6. Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi - The beginning was totally epic! (as was the end)

7. Bad Girls Don't Die (Bad Girls Don't Die #1) by Katie Alender - Another scary book that kept me up half the night reading. The ending left me breathless.

8. The Last Academy by Anne Applegate - THE ENDING! *True story: I was sitting in a Barnes & Noble reading the last 60 pages of this book, while my best friend was sitting across from me eating. When I finally found out the why all of these odd things keep happening to Cam my mouth dropped. (literally) I mean like, OMG!!!! My friend is looking at me like "WHAT THE??!". I swear people around me are giving me a look like, is she is crazy?! *

9. Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult - The beginning. Super cute!

10. Shadowlands (Shadowlands #1) by Kate Brian -  I was like: WTF????!!!!! The ending totally blew my mind..... Nooooooo!!!  I cannot put into words the ending. *mind blown* 



It was SOOO hard for me to only choose 10 books because there are so many that fall into this category for me.




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

The Rules:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) or so “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.

My teaser comes from the book: 

Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood 



Finn's mouth claims mine with a searing kiss, and my mind empties of everything except his hands, his lips, his tongue.

- Page 152

[...another snippet...]

There is a little cut on Rory's check from her Father's ring. I call up my magic again and touch her cheek, lightly, with my fingertips. "Hold still."

- Page 189










I love comments! Leave your links to your blog posts below. I will come check them out. Even if you don't blog, I would love to hear your thoughts on my Top Ten choices or book teaser for this week. :) Thank you for stopping by and Happy Reading!

5 comments :

  1. Oh, good. I have Shadowlands checked out right now. I love a good mind-blowing ending. Ditto on The Last Academy. I have that one on my Kindle, but haven't read it yet. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star Cursed looks good. I will have to add it to my ever growing list (will it ever get shorter?) Here is my TT http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2013/07/teaser-tuesday-july-30-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah I need to read Shatter Me! It's been on everyone's lists!

    Great picks!
    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your top ten list... And I have Star Cursed on my list to read!

    My Teaser

    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely agree - the beginning and ending of Immortal City was the best! The best part was that the book is awesome as a whole too.
    Great list! :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian