Monday, July 8, 2013

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon: Goals & Updates

The 4th Annual Once Upon a Read-a-Thon is hosted by Angela & Loretta at Reading Angel, Lori at Pure Imagination, and Candace at Candace's Book Blog. :)


Hello everyone and Happy Monday. 
This is my 3rd year participating is this very fun event.
 I am super excited about it. I always have so much fun during these. I really need to crack down this time with my reading. So this book challenge will be perfect for me to get caught up. The read-a-thon runs from July 8th -July 10th. Sign ups are still open. [ found here ]


On this post you will find my reading goals, what books I will be reading and my daily updates throughout the next few days. Also I will be chatting on twitter and posting a more real time updates here >>> @SyCo4Twilight | You can use the hashtag: #OUreadathon to find them.




Time Devoted to Reading
  • I will be reading from 8th - 10th (off and on - not continuously )

Goals:
  • Read 1-3 Books
  • Do mini-challenges.
  • READ MORE, GET DISTRACTED LESS! 
  • Meets new people, make friends but most of all have fun!
  • Have fun and try not to stress out.

Books I will be reading - ( This may be subject to chance )

Shymers by Jen Naumann 
Quicksilver by by R.J. Anderson 
Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone 


Reading now = 
Finished reading = 
To-Be Read = 


Day One Updates: July 8th, 2013
Number of books read today: 0
Number of books read in Total: 0
Total Pages Read today: 190
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 2 -see below

Day Two Updates: July 9th, 2013
Number of books read today: 1
Number of books read in Total: 1
Total Pages Read today: 240
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 2

Day Three Updates: July 10th, 2013
Number of books read today: 1
Number of books read in Total: 1
Total Pages Read today: 120
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 1



Day 1:

The first mini-challenge is hosted by Cover2Cover. With this challenge I am to answer three book related questions. Seen Below - 

1. Which book you are most excited to read in the coming year? It can be already released or coming soon.

2. Which book would you re-read if you had the time and weren't so busy reading ALL of the other good things?

3. and lastly, If you could meet any fictional character who would it be and why?

My Answers:

1. Starcursed by Jessica Spotswood. :) It has been released already but my library does not have it in stock just yet. I most likely will be buying the book to read. SO EXCITED!

2. Well....I am going to choose two, and not books but series. Number 1 is The Iron Fey series. Two, the Soul Screamers series. Both are my ALL TIME FAVORITE books. 

3. Do I have to only choose one? (Really?!) Boo hoo. Okay, it I had to choose one of my all time fictional characters to meet it would be....PRINCE ASH from The Iron Fey series. *swoons & faints*


Day 2:

Today's mini challenge is hosted by IB Book Blogging.

Here what I must do: Make your dream guy using characteristics, personalities, looks, and anything else you can think of from your favorite book boyfriends. 

My Dream Guy:

Apocalypse Mini-Challenge hosted by BETTER READ THAN DEAD

Question:  You're in a bookstore and you've just purchased 5 books you've been dying to read, when the apocalypse hits. (Zombie, Demons, Vampires, Dean Winchester vs. Sam Winchester (yes, I'm watching Supernatural reruns) I don't care what apocalypse). You've got one chance at survival, what 2 books do you take and what 3 other items do you take? 


My Answer:  Wow, that's a hard one...uh, yeah...only 2 books?!  Well...if I HAD to chose only two then here are my choices.  1.) The bind-up of the first two soul screamers book (ha, I cheated), and 2.) The Bible  -  Now for the three items I would take. Well I am not clear on if they have to be "in" the bookstore or not but I am going to go with no, so the three items I choose is - 1.) A gun with a whole lot of bullets (BAM! Shoot those zombies right in the head),  2.) A sleeping bag,  3.) A bookbag full of food and water. (a girl needs to eat, right?)


Day 3:

All my favorites, Mini-Challenge is hosted by Dizneeee’s World of Books

What are my favorite genre, favorite book within that genre, and your favorite character from the same genre?

  • Paranormal Romance
  • The Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent
  • Sophie Mencer from The Hex Hall Series


4 comments :

  1. Best of luck with your goals. I want to read Time Between Us too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Belle. :) Good luck to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Time Between Us is one of my all time favorite books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for participating in the Cover2CoverBlog Mini Challenge! Good luck during the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian