Monday, July 15, 2013

Special Guest: Book Review - Boundless (Unearthly # 3) by Cynthia Hand

Hey everyone! Today Rachel (my younger sister) has written a book review for the book, Boundless to share with my readers. I hope everyone will enjoy reading it. :) 

Title: Boundless (Unearthly #3)
Author: Cynthia Hand
Number of Pages: 438
Published: January 22nd 2013 by HarperTeen
Source:  Hardcover - Own / Signed
Genre: Paranormal Romance > Angels
Reading Level: Young Adult



The past few years have held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner could ever have anticipated. Yet from the dizzying highs of first love, to the agonizing low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she can no longer deny is that she was never meant to live a normal life.

Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her . . . even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seems like the best option, so she’s headed back to California - and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.

As Clara makes her way in a world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he’s not the only one. . . . With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfill her destiny. But it won’t come without sacrifices and betrayal.

In the riveting finale of the Unearthly series, Clara must decide her fate once and for all.
Purchase @ Amazon | B&N | IndieBound | The Book Depository


Review by Rachel Colon

I had the honor of meeting Cynthia Hand during the Dark Days tour, and she is the sweetest and most talented women, not to mention one of my top favorite authors.

I have been a huge fan of the Unearthly series ever since I opened that first shimmery cover and read through it within 24 hours, which is saying something for me considering I'm a slow reader. Hand has not disappointed me yet, and she definitely did an amazing job at wrapping the series up in this finale. I will try to keep this review as spoiler-free as I can, but of course I assume at this point you have read the first two books. If not, then turn away now!

First I have to preface this review by saying that I am Team Tucker all the way, so I may be just a teensy bit bias in who I hoped she would end up with. ;) But I will admit that the thing I do love about the ongoing triangle among Clara, Christian, and Tucker is that there's really no character that I hate. I could honestly see Clara ending up with either one, and it would make perfect sense. She has a strong connection to either guy, and they are both very strong characters who would do anything for her. But I won't say what happens or who she ends up with....you will have to read it for yourself.

I will say this though...Hand has a wonderful talent for making her characters so alive and real, that you actually feel like you're experiencing everything through their eyes. From the nerves that Clara experiences her first day at Stanford to her own personal discoveries along the way on who she wants to be, it's real emotions that we've all experienced at some point in our lives and can completely relate to. Even some of the troubles her friend Angela encounters in this book are serious issues that real college age kids have to face sometimes, which is why I'm on the edge of my seat with each page that I turn as I find myself so involved in these characters. In fact, I have probably cried over Unearthly books more than any other series I have read. Seriously, I am not ashamed to admit I was bawling all throughout the last few chapters of Boundless. It was THAT good.

If you have been enjoying the series so far, let me just say that Boundless will NOT disappoint. Hand did a wonderful job of wrapping things up in this finale, though I will admit I still have a few unanswered questions on some of the characters that were left kind of open ended in the end *cough*Jeffrey*cough*. I would even love to see Phen get his own little story that might explain more about his past and the choices he has made. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part in hopes that Unearthly doesn't have to end here.

I will dearly miss you Clara, Christian, Tucker, and Angela...thank you for allowing me this slice of Heaven in following along on your journeys.

I give Boundless 5 out of 5 feathers.

Special Guest: Book Reviewer

Find Rachel @

Ray has been involved in theater and the performing arts since she was a wee little kindergartener and has done it all. Seriously...from being cast in community and school plays, appearing as an extra in a few movies (seen Patch Adams? She was in the crowd at the graduation scene XD), took vocal lessons, and even did professional clowning for about ten years. Though she was a gamer most of her life, she didn't discover the magic of anime and cosplay until about 3 years ago. Her friends took Ray to her first con in 2008 (Animazement) and she's been hooked ever since. She currently has about 20 cosplays and counting, but her absolute favorite character is Grell. He's just so much fun, and has become a part of her soul (no pun intended, hah!). In addition to Kuroshitsuji, other favorite animes include Chobits, Vampire Knight, and Elfen Lied.

Thank you Rachel for writing such a beautiful review. It's a pleasure having you on my blog again. 

I hope everyone enjoyed Rachel's review. Please leave comments for her if you'd like. 

If any of my readers are interested in also being a "Special Guest Book Reviewer" or part-time reviewer here at Bittersweet Enchantment you can send me a e-mail @ ChiKittie@gmail.com with the subject: Guest Reviewer and I will send you all the details about it. I would love to have a few of my readers review for me.  This is also a great chance to get free books and meet some amazing authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian