Thursday, January 10, 2013

Graphic Novel Review: Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 by Stephenie Meyer & Young Kim


Title: Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel #1)
Author: Stephenie Meyer, Young Kim (Art/Adaptation)
Number of Pages: Hardcover, 224
Published: March 16th 2010 by Yen Press
Genre: Young Adult > Graphic Novel > Paranormal > Vampires

When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret...





I so wanted to LOVE this book but alast I did not. I liked it some but I found a LOT of things that bugged me. 


One: Most of the story was told WAY out of order. 

Two: It's was like, BOOM. Bella moves to forks. Boom. She meets new friends and Edward. BOOM, guess what? Edward is a vampire. BOOM. I am in love after knowing him for a week.... BOOM! Watch me sparkle and run fast. So very cheesey. I totally loved the twilight books, but this one was a bad take on the series.

Three: You barely get to know the rest of Cullen family besides Edward and poor Jacob is in like in TWO scenes throughout the novel. :( I felt this graphic novel was very rushed and makes the story lose it's "SPARKLE". 

[ Yeah, just not in this novel. ]

Other than that I did love the graphics and most scenes were true to the original story. Would I read the next one? Yes, because I am hoping the series will improve as it goes along. 



I liked it a lot. Would recommend. Or would I? Hmm... 0_o



1 comment :

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian