Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Book Review: Apparition by Dylan White


Title: Apparition
Author: Dylan White
Number of Pages: 380
Published: Published March 20th 2012
Source: Author (paperback)
Genre: 
Paranormal Romance > Ghosts
Reading Level: YA 
Star Rating: ★★★

Goodreads | Purchase


Jade Foster just moved to a new city with her mother and step-dad in the middle of her senior year. She doesn't know anyone. The boy who likes her has a crazy, jealous ex-girlfriend. And her bedroom is haunted.
Sean Clayton died at eighteen almost seventy years ago. He hopes Jade can help him move on. But his connection to Jade exposes her to dangerous dark forces from the afterlife. In his efforts to protect Jade, Sean falls in love with her ...
And that might be the scariest thing he could do.


My Review:  I was contacted by author Dylan White a few months ago to read his new novel, Apparition. I recently got done reading the book and felt I needed some time to really absorb the story and be able to tell you my thoughts perfectly. So here we go... Apparition first and foremost is one of the best ghost stories I have read but not in the scary sense. Most times you think of a Ghost as being bad and haunting someone for revenge or even fun. This story is nothing like that, the ghost is kind and sweet, very protective but wait I am getting ahead of myself here. Let me start from the beginning...

Jade who is the lead female role is the story has just lost her Father to a heart attack and now feels so much pain and sadness in her heart. Jade is someone who likes to be alone and not show her feelings. So once her Mother remarries to a guy she knew is high school. Jade is forced to be uprooted and move to a new town with her Mother and new step-father, Ray. Jade is angry and depressed from all the recent events in her life and feels hopeless. So one night while Jade is getting ready for bed she feel a presents in her bedroom and thinks she see someone as well. Jade hopes it is her Father coming back in spirit form to say goodbye to her. When she sees the figure is not her father but of a young boy around her age she wonders who he really is. Sean is a ghost who died over 70 years ago and still walks the earth. Now his soul purpose is to protect Jade and make her feel happy once again. Soon Jade starts to feel better, begins making new friends and even is crushing on a hot guy at school. Little does she know that Sean is falling for her... but that the least of her worries when Jade finds out that not all ghosts are good and kind. A vengeful apparition is up to no good and will stop at nothing to steal Jade soul. 

I absolutely adored the love story between the two main character's. It was heartbreaking and sweet but felt so real and perfect. I felt sorry for Sean many times throughout the book. He felt such a beautiful and innocent love for Jade and even through he knew he could never really be with her like he wanted to. Sean was always there for her and willing to do anything to protect her. I really feel in love with this bittersweet romance. The story had me captivated from page one and had a strong hold on me until the very end. Author, Dylan White is such a wonderful story-teller. He knows how to make the reader fall into Jade's world and feel what she feels right from the start. The only reason I did not give the book a full 5 stars was because I did find a couple mild spelling errors and felt the pace of the book could have been a little faster. 

I really did enjoyed Apparition and would definitely want to know what happens next in the story. Apparition is a fun and light read for all ages. The romance was classic and sweet. The paranormal aspect in the book were perfect and so very compelling. I truly hope my readers will give this book a chance and let me tell you you will be glad you did. I know I was! 


Be sure to check out the OFFICIAL Book trailer for Apparition:

1 comment :

  1. This sounds like something I'd like. A classic romance in paranormal fantasy? Perfect! :)

    Brandi @ Bound 2 Astound

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian