Wednesday, August 24, 2011

--> Book Review: Saved By Allegra Skye <--

Title: Saved
Author: Allegra Skye
Number of Pages:  ?
Series: The Shadow Vampires (#1)
Published: Published June 22 2011




Buy Saved here:

I was contacted by Allegra Skye the author of Saved back in the middle of July and she asked me to read and review her book for my honest opinion. Saved is a Young Adult novel that is a great read for any age.  After reading the short summary of Saved that was sent to me by Allegra, I knew I would really enjoy having the chance to read her book.  So here is my review of her book. Thank you so much, Allegra for your book and a chance to review it for you. 




Goodreads Info: 



In SAVED (Book #1 of the Shadow Vampires), Keira and Amanda, twins, move with their family to a new town, and start their senior year at a new high school. But though they are twins, the girls have different fates. Amanda, beautiful, popular, is sought out by everyone. Keira, who has always lived in Amanda's shadow, is smaller, awkward, different. Even her mother, who is so close to Amanda, doesn't know what to make of her other daughter. Keira turns to books, and to her journal, for solace, and to find out about other worlds.


Amanda makes friends easily at the new school, and quickly finds a boyfriend, while Keira is left alone, an outsider. But very quickly, it is clear that something strange is going on in Everstock. The town and the school are very divided. The popular, rich kids act as if they own the school and have nothing to do with the other kids, who are poorer and live in a different part of town. Not only are the kids meaner here, but an unknown infection has gripped the town, with more and more people going to the hospital. Something here is terribly wrong. 


But things change suddenly, as there is a terrible accident involving the twins. Not only are Keira and Amanda's lives changed forever, but a new dimension of life begins to open to Keira. 


As Keira recovers, she begins to change in ways she can't expect, receiving new and mysterious powers that no one can possibly understand. At the same time, a gorgeous, mysterious new boy, Cooper, appears at the school, who grips her imagination, and who refuses to tell her what secret he is hiding.


As Keira and Cooper grow closer to each other, it soon becomes apparent that destiny has brought them together-and that they may each have to sacrifice it all if they want to stay together...




My Thoughts: (I gave the book 4 Stars)


First let me say that Saved was a joy to read. Going into this book I did not think I would like it as much as I ended up.  Saved was sure full of surprises. The story-line was not based solely on Vampires, you don't even get into knowing about the Shadow Vampires until more towards the end of the book. The story starts out with the main character  Keira and her family moving to a new town. Keira has a twin sister but Keira has always felt that she was never noticed by her family like her twin, Amanda.  Keira's Mom and Dad always pay more attention to Amanda and make Keira feel like she is a outcast. While reading about how Keira felt she was being treated I could not help me tear up a little. If you have brothers and sister you may feel like Keira did. Amanda was always popular in school and at home while Kiara was not but it never seemed to bother her much until once day she offered to drive Amanda to a party but on the way there was a tragic accident on the way. Amanda was badly hurt and now in a coma. While Keira walked away from the accident with only minor injuries. Well of course there parents blamed her, even more her Mother comes to hate Keira.  In my mind I SO wanted to slap there Mother and want to understand how parents can treat each child with Love or in Kaira case Hate, and anger.
While Kaira is dealing with her parents and feeling hopeless from what happened to her twin sister. She starts to find the oddest things starting to happen to her ... A Mysterious purple light, and having the new found ability to read peoples thoughts...  So as Keira begins to question why these things are happening to her she meets Copper.  As Keira begins to get to know him she finds Copper acting very hot and cold towards her. One minute he talks to her and is nice, the next Copper will push her away.  I keep finding myself feeling so sorry for Keira was having to deal with and live with all of these problems. It was not until I found who or what Copper is and the story of his past that this book really become a shocking and exciting page turner. You will not want to wait to see what is in store for Cooper, Kaira and her family. I really enjoyed this book and I am glad I was able to have the chance to read it. Saved was a quick read and fun to read Allegra story. I would recommend Saved for YA-Adults. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian