Monday, January 10, 2011

--> Book Review: Need - By Carrie Jones <--



I just got done reading an amazing book called "Need" written by Carrie Jones. I wanted to post my short review on the book. 


Title: Need
Author: Carrie Jones
Number of Pages: 306
Published: December 23rd 2008 by Bloomsbury USA Children's Books
URL: http://www.needpixies.com/


GoodReads Info: 


Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.

She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.

In this creepy, compelling breakout novel, Carrie Jones delivers romance, suspense, and a creature you never thought you'd have to fear





My Thoughts:


Need is one of my favorite books I have read in a long time. It was fast pasted and very fun to read. 

Zara looses her Step-Father and finds herself loosing herself in the process when her Mother makes her move to Maine to be with her Grandma. She makes friends fast and more than she bargains for. She is caught is a fantasy world with pixies, shifters and more. Along the way she finds love and her long lost Father whom is more than normal. 


A pure joy to read and I loved this book, each and every page! 

6 comments :

  1. Sounds good - added to my TBR list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book on my shelf. I keep meaning to get around to it. :) Maybe I should bump it up a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book awhile back an really liked it. I haven't gotten around to reading the others in the series, though. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book awhile back an really liked it. I haven't gotten around to reading the others in the series, though. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good. I'll be on the lookout for it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to pick this up for a while now. It Sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian