Friday, January 21, 2011

--> Book Review: Marked - by P.C Cast & Kristin Cast <--


I read Marked by PC Cast and Kristin Cast about a week. This is the first book in the House of night series and totally feel in love with it. So here is my review. 


Title: Marked
Author: P.C Cast & Kristin Cast
Number of Pages: 306
Published: May 1st 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin
URL: http://houseofnightseries.com/
Series: House of Night (#1)


GoodReads Info:


The House of Night series is set in a world very much like our own, except in 16-year-old Zoey Redbird's world, vampyres have always existed.  In this first book in the series, Zoey enters the House of Night, a school where, after having undergone the Change, she will train to become an adult vampire--that is, if she makes it through the Change.  Not all of those who are chosen do.  It’s tough to begin a new life, away from her parents and friends, and on top of that, Zoey finds she is no average fledgling.  She has been Marked as special by the vampyre Goddess, Nyx.  But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers.  When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school's most elite club, is misusing her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny--with a little help from her new vampyre friends.


My Thoughts: (I gave this book 5 Stars)


When I first picked up this book I was not sure what to expect but from the first page I was hooked. It keep me laughing the whole way through. Zoey is a funny and refreshing character who grows on you. In the beginning of the book she gets Marked to become a Vampyre and join the House of Night. Not knowing what to think she joins making fast friends and even faster enemies. You learn about her Mark and how special she is and what comes along with this. As Zoey struggles to fit in at the HON she finds very odd things going on and some are more that she bargains for. This book is an amazing read. I am continuing the series. I so recommend this book to anyone who like Vampire novels. A pure joy to read and very funny!











2 comments :

  1. I'm a Twilight Psycho as well; love all things True Blood -read all of the ones in the series. Looking forward to hearing about some new finds from you.

    Following you from MBC. Stop on by and say hi! We love new followers!!
    Tawanna
    www.momsguidetotravel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reviewing this one! I have been considering reading it for a long time but now i have decided that I will have to!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian