Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bout of Books 4.0 Goals & Updates

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon
Hey everyone! *waves* It is time once again for a Bout of Book read-a-thon. 4.0 Baby! WHOO! I am super excited to be able to participate again in this amazing week long event. Never heard of a Read-a-thon? Well it is a fun way to challenge yourself by reading as many book as you like within the time allowed. You just read, read, read! Oh, and you can blog or tweet your updates along the way. This is also a fantastic way to meet new book friends and win prizes! Sign up's are still open - HERE

I hope to really challenge myself this time and read more review novels I have to get caught up on. Most important is to simply have fun!

Below will be my goals and updates throughout the week. 



Time Devoted to Reading
  • I will be reading the whole week (off and on *hopefully more on* - not continuously )
Goals:
  • Read 3-5 Books
  • Read books I need to review for authors/publishers.
  • Meets new people, make friends but most of all have fun!
  • Do not get stressed out if I can not read all I would like to. 
Books I will be reading - [ This may be subject to chance ]

  1. Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz
  2. The Selection by Kiera Cass
  3. New Girl by Paige Harbison (on Kindle)
  4. Oracle - Sunken Earth by C.W. Trisef 
  5. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa


Updates - 
I will be posting all of my updates on this post although I may do one in the middle of the read-a-thon and a final wrap up post. 


Update #1 - Day One (5/14)
Number of books read today: 1
Number of books read in Total: 1
Total Pages Read today: 300
Total Time Spent Reading: 5 hours
Mini Challenges Completed Today: A Bookish Question @Sarah Says Read

Update #2 - Day Two (5/15)
Number of books read today: 0
Number of books read in Total: 1
Total Pages Read today: 234
Total Time Spent Reading: 3 Hours
Mini Challenges Completed Today:  Book Confessions @Nyx Book Reviews  

Update #3 - Day Three (5/16)
Number of books read today: 0
Number of books read in Total: 1
Total Pages Read today: not even sure
Total Time Spent Reading: So epic fail! :(
Mini Challenges Completed Today: Re-title It hosted by Books Devoured

Update #4 - Day Four (5/17)
Number of books read today: 
Number of books read in Total:
Total Pages Read today: 
Total Time Spent Reading: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today:

Update #5 - Day Five (5/18)
Number of books read today: 
Number of books read in Total:
Total Pages Read today: 
Total Time Spent Reading: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today:

Update #6 - Day Six (5/19)
Number of books read today: 1
Number of books read in Total: 2
Total Pages Read today: 145
Total Time Spent Reading: 2 and 1/2 hours
Mini Challenges Completed Today:

Update #7 - Day Seven (5/20)
Number of books read today
Number of books read in Total:
Total Pages Read today: 
Total Time Spent Reading: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today:

I will be posting my updates on this page and chatting on Twitter @SyCo4Twilight

A Bookish Question Mini-Challenge:

Physical book or eBook? A Physical book, I love the feel of it in my hands, although I do read a lot on my Kindle as well.
Paperback or Hardcover? Honestly, A hardcover.
Reality or Make-believe? Make-Believe. Duh!
Adult or Young-Adult? YA
Dog ears or Bookmarks? Bookmarks, dog earing the book to me defaces it.
Breaking the spine or Barely open the book? Barely Open
Tea or Coffee? Tea, I dont like coffee unless it is loaded with cream.
Reading in bed or On the couch? Bed, so much more comfort 
Series or Standalone? Both
Original or TV Adaptation? Neither? 
Defy motion sickness or Audiobooks? Defy motion sickness
Author crushes or Who-was-that-guy-again? Author crushes. <3
Interview or Guest post? Guest post




Poetry Mini-Challenge - 






19 comments :

  1. 3-5 books is a very realistic goal. Hope you get to Immortal Rules. It was amazing! Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Immortal Rules was really good, I hope you enjoy your other books too :) Good luck getting 3-5 done, I'm aiming for 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Immortal Rules was really good, I hope you enjoy your other books too :) Good luck getting 3-5 done, I'm aiming for 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear The Immortal Rules is a great book! I own it, but haven't read it yet myself. Good luck with your reading this coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am participating too and hope to read 5 books :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AH cool list. May be we can compare notes about The Immortal Rules since I'll be reading it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck this week! I've yet to see a "negative" review on Immortal Rules - so that's bound to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! It sounds like a realistic goal, so I hope you manage to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds fun! Good luck, o and very realistic goal

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoy Cara Lynn Shultz series and Immortal Rules is sooo good!! Enjoy your books and good luck meeting your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3-5 books is a great goal! And I'm looking forward to hearing what you end up reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 3-5 books is a great goal! And I'm looking forward to hearing what you end up reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you're enjoying The Selection! It's on my TBR wishlist. So is Spellcaster & The Immortal Rules. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower now too! :)
    Make sure you stop back over - I'm participating in a giveaway hop that will go live later today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy reading! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Fated to Linger Forever" Love it :)

    And I can't wait to read the Black City.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you everyone for all of your wonderful comments. I will work on this week visiting each of you back and following your blogs. :)

    - Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, readreadread! There are some really great books on your list, like The Immortal Rules, Spellcaster, The Selection, New Girl, in fact, the only one I haven't heard of is Oracle :) So read! They're really good! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian