Friday, May 25, 2012

Book Review: Revived by Cat Patrick


Title: Revived 
Author: Cat Patrick
Number of Pages: 336
Published: May 8th 2012 by Little, Brown Books
Source: Library
Genre: Sci-Fi
Reading Level: YA 
Star Rating: ★★★
Goodreads | Purchase

As a little girl, Daisy Appleby was killed in a school bus crash. Moments after the accident, she was brought back to life.
A secret government agency has developed a drug called Revive that can bring people back from the dead, and Daisy Appleby, a test subject, has been Revived five times in fifteen years. Daisy takes extraordinary risks, knowing that she can beat death, but each new death also means a new name, a new city, and a new life. When she meets Matt McKean, Daisy begins to question the moral implications of Revive, and as she discovers the agency’s true goals, she realizes she’s at the center of something much larger—and more sinister—than she ever imagined.


 First Impressions:  I was super excited when I first saw that Cat Patrick had put out another novel. I just adored Forgotten when I read it last year and feel in love with the authors writing style and how the stories she creates just suck you in and wont let you stop reading until the very end. So once I found out that Cat had come out with a new book I was very happy. I could not wait to drive in and read Revived. I was going into reading the book with very high expectations since I loved her first novel and WOW, this one just blew me away right from the first page! Oh, and look at the cover! I mean isn't it just so awesome and just the way she peaks through what looks like a thin blue membrane wondering what's on the other side. 

My Review: Revived was a super fast read for me and not because it was short or the pace was fast but simply because the story itself TOTALLY ROCKED! I love to read, plain and simple but a book like this makes me see all over again why I love to read so much. Revived is one of those books where once you get done with it you feel the urge to read it again, yes it is that good! Everything about it was so sublime. The unique story-line, the evolved character's, the mystery and the thrill of what will happen next all wrapped up into a sweeeet package! 

The main character, Daisy is killed in a bus crash on a icy road when she was young and died. She was brought back to life by an experimental drug called Revived and since then has died four more times since she first was brought back. A "hush hush" government agency makes and supplies the drug to the kids who died in the crash, thus for experimenting with the drug so to one day release it to the public for sale. After dying again, Daisy is being made to move to another state with yet another name change. Daisy hopes to stay here and make friends this time. 

On the first day of school she meets Audrey who quickly becomes friends with her. Audrey has a brother Matt who Daisy meets the on same day. Audrey and Daisy begin to hang out with each other after school and grows into being best friends. Daisy feels a certain connection with  Audrey and for her brother Matt. As Audrey and Daisy become closer friends and Matt and Daisy begin to develop strong feelings for each other, Daisy finds out a heartbreaking secret about Audrey.  Audrey is very sick and is not expected to live much longer. Daisy is crushed by this news and hopes that maybe the drug Revived would somehow work on her friend so she would not have to die but not all things about the drug are good. Daisy will soon find out that the man behind "Revived" is playing God and has other plans for the drug. 

As I feel I have given to much away as it is I will stop but let me tell you this book was simply amazing! The story keep is entertaining and had me immersed throughout the whole book. There was never a dull moment. I absolutely loved Daisy, Matt and Audrey which is rare because I seems I always tend to find one character who I loave. The book moved along in a fast pace and author Cat Patrick always seems to find away to connect to her readers throughout the book. Revived had me crying, laughing and just wanting to read faster and faster to know what would happen next. Everyone should no... NEEDS to run out and get this book! If your like me and loved Forgotten or just loves to read a book that will blow your mind then definitely read Revived!

Final Thoughts: None needed because you can plainly see how much I loved the book. =D


[ This book review is part of: Standalone Reading Challenge ]  Purple Button 
Thank you for reading!


9 comments :

  1. I really loved this one too!! Such an interesting and amazing story! I was lucky to meet Cat Patrick last weekend and have her sign my book which was crazy awesome! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds so interesting and just different, I can't wait to read it! Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover art and the book sounds really good. Wanted to let you know, I mentioned you on my blog today. http://fuonlyknew.wordpress.com/2012/05/26/one-lovely-blog-award/
    Have a great holiday weekend.

    laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great. I've never heard of it before, but after your review, I definitely want to check it out. Awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sound like a good read. Maybe i'll try it out, soon.

    Great revew! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your wonderful feedback and sweet comments. I am very happy everyone liked my review!

    - Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want this book super badly! It looks amazing. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My teen daughter just finished reading (and really enjoyed!) an eBook called Hear by Jacqueline Abelson. Great plot, interesting characters and a real message of self– empowerment. Here’s the link:

    http://www.amazon.com/HEAR-ebook/dp/B0084V2WVC/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1337991481&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian