Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (#3) + Teaser Tuesday (#24)


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!


This week's Top Ten is: 





Top Ten Favorite Quotes from Books:
    1.)  “Just because something isn't practical doesn't mean it's not worth creating. Sometimes beauty and real-life magic are enough.” - Lola and the Boy Next Door
    2.)   “That's the thing about pain...it demands to be felt.” ― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
    3.)  “Headline?" he asked.
    "'Swing Set Needs Home,'" I said.
    "'Desperately Lonely Swing Set Needs Loving Home,'" he said.
    "'Lonely, Vaguely Pedophilic Swing Set Seeks the Butts of Children,'" I said.” 
    ― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
    4.)   “Did my heart love till now? forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.” ― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
    5.)    "Do you want to possess my body?"  "I want to do a lot of things to you body, but that's not one of them." - Patch And Nora (Hush Hush) 
    6.)  “Touch her, and I'll freeze your testicles off and put them in a jar. Understand?” ― Julie Kagawa, The Iron King
    7.)   “You are my heart, my life, my entire existence." - Ash” ― Julie Kagawa, The Iron Queen
    8.)  “That craptastical, gutless, son-of-a-cactus-humping butt monkey!!”
    ― Gemma Halliday, Deadly Cool
    9.)   "I know.  But, it'll get us there," Sam promised.  "Which leads me to ask… what exactly are you going to do when we do get there?" 

    I thought about it.  "Rip Josh's nuggets off and feed them to his hamster?" 

    Sam nodded.  "Creative."  Then she turned to me as she slowed for a stop sign.   "But seriously.  What are you going to say?" - Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
    10. ) "If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it." - Edward \ Twilight



    Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
    Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

    The Rules:
    •Grab your current read
    •Open to a random page
    •Share two (2) or so “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
    •BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
    •Share the title &  author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.

    This week's teaser comes from Perfect Chemistry written by Simone Elkeles.








    Oh my God. Alex...my chemistry partner? For the entire senior year! No way,now how, SO not okay.


    (Page 24)




    What was your teaser and book for this week? I would love to know. Post in the comments and I will stop by!


    8 comments :

    1. LMAO at #6 xD Julie Kagawa and Gemma Halliday are awesome. Great picks this week!!

      Here's my TTT post for this week if you'd like to check it out =)

      ReplyDelete
    2. love 5 and 6....do i see a pattern to your quotes..LOL
      I like the Perfect Chemistry teaser too..look forward to your review of it!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I haven't read Lola yet, but I love Anna and the French Kiss!
      I couldn't put any TFiOS quotes on my list because my sister has my book in Dallas, but I *love* that swingset scene! *tear*

      ReplyDelete
    4. oh, wow! Where do I start! Totally gonna look into Gemma Halliday's book and Perfect Chemistry looks steamy.

      Here's mine: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-urban-shaman.html

      ReplyDelete
    5. OH MY GOD I HAVE TO READ THE IRON KING :))))) And The Fault in Our Stars seems to be amazing!!

      Ella
      Stop by my Top Ten? :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. So I was going to go through and put the numbers of which quotes I really loved. But then I read them and loved them all! Ahh! They were all so good. I seriously need to read TFIOS! :P

      My Top Ten

      ReplyDelete
    7. I really must read TFioS. I don't know what's been stopping me.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Thank you everyone. I will be stopping by your blogs soon.

      - Beckie

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

    LinkWithin



    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
     

    Looking for Something?

    Blog Layout Credits

    Design: Rachel Silberman
    Coding: Klodian