Monday, May 21, 2012

Bout of Books 4.0 Wrap Up!

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

Today I am going to be sharing with you my wrap up post for the "Bout of Books" read-a-thon. So, if you have been following my reading progress you know I really failed for this read-a-thon. I have always reached my goals and this time I did not. Why? A couple reasons, one my best friend has been here for the past 4 days (a sudden thing). Two, I was not feeling good for one day and spend the day in bed. With that said I will show what I did in fact get done this week.

Books read: 
Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz
The Selection by Kiera Cass
Oracle - Sunken Earth by C.W. Trisef  (1/2 of the book)

Books I did not read:
New Girl by Paige Harbison (on Kindle)
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Goal - Read 3-5 Books: FAILED!
Goal - Read books I need to review for authors/publishers - Only read one half of Oracle/failed.

Total Pages Read: ? Not sure, will go later and check.
Total Hours: 15-16? Boo!!
Mini-Challenges Completed: 
A Bookish Question @Sarah Says Read
Book Confessions @Nyx Book Reviews  
Re-title It hosted by Books Devoured
Smash and Stephanie - Book Poetry


A Bookish Question Mini-Challenge:
Physical book or eBook? A Physical book, I love the feel of it in my hands, although I do read a lot on my Kindle as well.
Paperback or Hardcover? Honestly, A hardcover.
Reality or Make-believe? Make-Believe. Duh!
Adult or Young-Adult? YA
Dog ears or Bookmarks? Bookmarks, dog earing the book to me defaces it.
Breaking the spine or Barely open the book? Barely Open
Tea or Coffee? Tea, I dont like coffee unless it is loaded with cream.
Reading in bed or On the couch? Bed, so much more comfort 
Series or Standalone? Both
Original or TV Adaptation? Neither? 
Defy motion sickness or Audiobooks? Defy motion sickness
Author crushes or Who-was-that-guy-again? Author crushes. <3
Interview or Guest post? Guest post


Poetry Mini-Challenge - 





So this time I did not do very good. I am always so focused but this week was all messed up and left me with not much time to read and chat. Next time I will do better, but at least I had fun!
Thank you everyone for stopping by my blog and I will return the favor soon.

7 comments :

  1. Awww, sorry you didn't reach your goals. Better luck next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes things just get in the way. Just finish those books on your list this week! You've still got this! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me, I did even worse. I only read 1 book, couldn't join in the Twitter chat or discussions or do any challenges either. As Jen said, sometimes life just gets in the way and we can't help it. You did really good and you should be proud of yourself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...but you did read and that's important. Set a mini goal for this week :) I will cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you beat me! I managed to read one book. o: And then basically not participate in anything. I blame me being sick and busy, but ugh. At least I've finally gotten over my reading slump!

    I think you did a great job getting through 3! And over half of the pile planned. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! The most important goal was reached! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you took part and had fun! Thats the important part :) I look forward to seeing your reads next time.

    Here is my progress post.
    Lauren at Northern Plundder

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian