Friday, March 9, 2012

Follow Friday: #18

Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee & alisoncanread

Featured Bloggers:


This weeks question is:

Q: Have you ever looked at book's cover and thought, This is going to horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.



My Answer: Yes, this was a book I read for review mid September for author Adrianne Ambrose and I really did not care for the art on the book cover but the story itself was really good and I am glad that decided to read the book based on the story not the cover otherwise I would have missed out on a really fun read. I do understand that sometimes we as readers see a book cover and it is just awful or plain which ends up really turning us off towards the book itself but what matters is what is "inside" the book not just the cover. Although a GORGEOUS cover is definitely a plus!

5 comments :

  1. That cover is weird but I agree with you that sometimes if I like the synopsis enough, I dive in to the book even if the cover is not that great.

    Here's my first ever FF!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree but we're human. We judge even when we know we shouldn't.

    Happy Friday!

    Amber
    The Musings of ALMYBNENR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen that one but I'm not a fan. Great choice!

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pretty bad cover. I generally find tattoos offputting (especially on book covers)

    My follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. Not a fan of that cover at all. I'm glad it was good though.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian