Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday # 16 + Teaser Tuesday # 40

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!


This week's Top Ten is: 

Top Ten Books I Read In 2012
( in no particular order )


1. The Devouring by Simon Holt


















2. Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood














3. Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien












4. Immortal City by Scott Speer













5. Souls in Peril by Sherry Gammon













6. Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry












7. Everneath by Brodi Ashton













8. Fever by Lauren DeStefano

9. Slide by Jill Hathaway












10. Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross














All of these books are amazing. If you have not read one or any of these book I really suggest you do. :) I totally can't wait until 2013. I know it will be a great year in YA books.




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

The Rules:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) or so “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.



My teaser comes from the book: Beautiful Lies by Jessica Warman








Nodding, my Dad reached out and took my hand. "Yep, these are my twins. This is Alice and Rachel." He and my Mom never had any trouble telling us apart. 

[...another snippet...]

And I repeated the words like they were a prayer: I wish I were you. I wish I were you. I wish I were you.









Please share with me your Top Ten or teaser for this week. What books are your favorites of 2012?  Are any of your choices on my list above?


Thank you for stopping by and Happy Reading!


6 comments :

  1. Oh yay The Devouring! Such a great book, and way too underrated. I still haven't read the third one yet (sadly my library doesn't have it) but the series is fantastic!

    Bekka
    Pretty Deadly Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these accept Pushing the Limits which has made my list too! I need to check some of these out. Great list!

    TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Birthmarked and it's driving me crazy that I have not picked up the other 2 books in the trilogy. I must remedy that soon! Great list, here's mine http://wp.me/pzUn5-1l4

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I just added a whole bunch of those to my to-be-read pile…thanks!
    Here's mine: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2012/12/teaser-tuesday-haunted-utah.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pushing the Limits was totally my #1 this week... LOVED that book!! Slide looks good and I've been wanting to read it since it came out but got distracted. The cover of Born Wicked is cool, I'll look into it :) Nice List!!

    Here's my My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. great list. I have read Kill me Softly and loved it. Right now I am reading Born Wicked and I am loving it. The rest are still sitting on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian