Saturday, October 8, 2011

--> Book Review: --> Book Review: Chronicles of Fire by J.P. McNeil <--







Title: Chronicles of Fire: Rise of the Elementals
Author: J.P. McNeil
Number of Pages: 200
Published: 
Published April 5th 2011 by AuthorHouse
URL: click here
Source: Given to read from Author

Buy this book below:
| Amazon | Website|






Goodreads Info:

Jake Wadsworth had never heard of The Elementals. He appeared to be an ordinary seventeen-year-old who attended Greenville High School, had a girlfriend, and was captain of the fencing team, but what Jake didn't know was that he himself is an Elemental. He is able to create and control fire. The only person who knows the truth is his mother, but Jake has never met her. Jake learns the startling truth on his eighteenth birthday when he is given a scroll, which was discovered with him when he was found abandoned as an infant. The scroll warns of an ancient cult, known as the Order. Eighteen years previous, the Order had successfully murdered all of the Elementals... or so they thought. Jake, is the only one that remains. Now Jake is all that stands in the way of the Order's evil scheme to resurrect their dark mistress from her ancient prison.


My Thoughts: ( I give this book 4 Stars )


Okay, so let me first start out and say I did not think this book would be this awesome of a read. I was not sure what to except when I started to read Chronicles of Fire. I was blown away by how much I really enjoyed this book. The story-line was exciting and the flow of the story was so perfect. I sometimes feel like a author can rush different parts of the book to hurry along the plot, but not this book. It was flawless and always keep me wondering what would happen next. I so enjoyed all of the idea's and the characters were so down to earth and real. Chronicles of Fire gives the reader a magical, fun, and tearful ride into a world where you never know what will happen next. This is the story of Jake who was left on a church's doorstep by his Mother. She felt she needed to keep him safe from the evil in her world. As Jake grows up now living with his adopted Grandparents he leads a normal live with his two Best Friends, Ben and Ellen. They are all on the fencing team at there school and Jake has hopes to become the state champion but little does he know that one day very soon his fighting skills will come in real handy. Later odd things start happening to Jake and will lead to one accident after another. But is Jake responsible for these weird accidents? Well, on his 18th Birthday he will soon find that out and who he really is and why Jake can produce fire with his mind. Jake has now only begun to understand his powers and learn there is a different kind of power out there, a very dark power, "The Order".... 


I did not want to go more into depth about the book because I would be giving to much away. I highly recommend this book to any YA-Adult readers. Chronicles of Fire was such a pure delight to read and I loved the Author's style of writing, very smooth and creative. J.P  McNeil has shown to be a brilliant writer and I so look forward to reading more of his work. If you are looking for a light, fun and magical read, try this book out. You will not be disappointed. 


Thank you J.P. for asking me to read your book. I <3 It! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian