Saturday, April 20, 2013

Review: If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones

If I Were You (Inside Out Trilogy, #1)
Title: If I Were You
Authors: Lisa Renee Jones
Number of Pages: 384
Published: March 12th 2013 by Simon & Schuster
Source: Publisher - paperback
Genre: Contemporary Romance > Erotica
Reading Level: Adult



When Sara McMillan finds a stack of journals in a storage unit, she’s shocked and enthralled by the erotic life the writer led. Unable to stop reading, she vicariously lives out dark fantasies through Rebecca, the writer—until the terrifying final entry.

Certain something sinister has happened, Sara sets out to discover the facts, immersing herself in Rebecca’s life. Soon she’s working at the art gallery Rebecca worked at and meeting Rebecca’s friends. Finding herself drawn to two dangerously sexy men, the manager of the gallery and a famed artist, Sara realizes she’s going down the same path Rebecca took. But with the promise of her dark needs being met by a man with confident good looks and a desire for control, she’s not sure anything else matters. Just the burn for more.
Purchase @ Amazon / B&N / Website



Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be someone else? Have you ever read a book or watched a movie and found yourself thinking: "I wish I had her life"? 

If I Were You is the story of one woman who wonders exactly that. 

Sarah McMillan lives alone and is a high school English teacher. She leads a very plain and predictable life. One day Sarah's friend and next door neighbor Ella drops by and shows Sarah a journal she found in a storage unit she bought. (like the TV show Storage Wars) After Ella suddenly runs off to Paris to get married on a whim, Sarah comes to inherits these journals. What lies within the pages will come to change Sarah's life forever...

 Sarah unable resist taking a peek at them and learns they have been written by a woman named Rebecca. As Sarah reads on she is given an inside look into Rebecca's life....or more so her sex life. These dark and erotic journals tell the story of Rebecca's affair with her unnamed lover. Sarah now questions herself: Why would anyone leave behind such intimate diary and what really happen to Rebecca? 

But to find out the truth Sarah must dive deeper into Rebecca's world.... a life full of dark secrets, sexual desires, and her most hidden fantasies. Now caught between living two different lives, Sarah walks the fine line between reality and something so much more....


If I Were You left me breathless. Quite literally. I am head over heals in LOVE with this book. I mean if you know me I read a good 80% YA novels, I prefer them. When I was asked to read the If I Were You by the author I was a little hesitant only because I have not written many reviews for this type of novel. So to my surprise I was totally floored by how AMAZING this book really is. I just could not put this book down and read well into the night. Author Lisa Renee Jones superb writing skills and hot sexy love scenes make If I Were You a perfectly perfect read. I found not a single fault in the book. The story and characters took hold of my attention and refused to let go long after the last page. 

Without a doubt I recommend this book to all adult readers as one NOT to miss! 
"If I Were YOU", I would run out and buy this book right away. 


Totally EPIC! One of the best books I have read. A MUST read!!

11 comments :

  1. Wow--that's great to know, Beckie! It's good to hear what other passionate readers think, and this sounds like a read not to miss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I love this series and am so anxious for the TV show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wonderful thing about LisaReneeJones is she writes all subgenres of romance. When I added If I Were You to my Kindle, I found I had read several other to titles by her. I love how she writes about the connections between people. And she keeps you on the edge of your seat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa's books are amazing. I'm reading If I Were You right now and I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I loved this book and can't wait to read the next one in June. Lisa Renee Jones is a fantastic writer and has hit it with this series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I loved this book and I can't wait for the rest of the journals and Being Me to be available!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review, I loved the book as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this concept, and it seems like it was played out well.
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your review made me want to check it out! It does sounds really good. I might pick this up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh Beckie I loved this one too! I really liked the kind of edge of your seat mystery and really not knowing what had happened. I love when I can't figure a book out.

    I got a sneak peak on book 2 and it's fantastic too. You're gonna love it!


    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian