Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #37: The One Thing & Hotel Ruby

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


 This week, I'm waiting on...


The One Thing by Marci Lyn Curtis
Hardcover,  336 pages
Expected publication: September 8th 2015 by Disney-Hyperion
Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance



Maggie Sanders might be blind, but she won't invite anyone to her pity party. Ever since losing her sight six months ago, Maggie's rebellious streak has taken on a life of its own, culminating with an elaborate school prank. Maggie called it genius. The judge called it illegal.

Now Maggie has a probation officer. But she isn't interested in rehabilitation, not when she's still mourning the loss of her professional-soccer dreams, and furious at her so-called friends, who lost interest in her as soon as she could no longer lead the team to victory.

Then Maggie's whole world is turned upside down. Somehow, incredibly, she can see again. But only one person: Ben, a precocious ten-year-old unlike anyone she's ever met. Ben's life isn't easy, but he doesn't see limits, only possibilities. After awhile, Maggie starts to realize that losing her sight doesn't have to mean losing everything she dreamed of. Even if what she's currently dreaming of is Mason Milton, the infuriatingly attractive lead singer of Maggie's new favorite band, who just happens to be Ben's brother.

But when she learns the real reason she can see Ben, Maggie must find the courage to face a once-unimaginable future...before she loses everything she has grown to love.

Why I'm waiting:  I haven't read a published book with a blind character yet, but once upon a time I fell in love with a story with a blind main character over at Wattpads. This one seems very different from it, but I'm intrigued by the blind main character, her ability to see only one person, and the romance that will ensue.


  Beckie is waiting on...


Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young
Hardcover,  288 pages
Expected publication: November 3rd 2015 by Simon Pulse
Genre: YA - Fantasy, Mystery

 
Stay Tonight. Stay Forever.
When Audrey Casella arrives for an unplanned stay at the grand Hotel Ruby, she’s grateful for the detour. Just months after their mother’s death, Audrey and her brother, Daniel, are on their way to live with their grandmother, dumped on the doorstep of a DNA-matched stranger because their father is drowning in his grief.

Audrey and her family only plan to stay the night, but life in the Ruby can be intoxicating, extending their stay as it provides endless distractions—including handsome guest Elias Lange, who sends Audrey’s pulse racing. However, the hotel proves to be as strange as it is beautiful. Nightly fancy affairs in the ballroom are invitation only, and Audrey seems to be the one guest who doesn't have an invite. Instead, she joins the hotel staff on the rooftop, catching whispers about the hotel’s dark past.

The more Audrey learns about the new people she's met, the more her curiosity grows. She’s torn in different directions—the pull of her past with its overwhelming loss, the promise of a future that holds little joy, and an in-between life in a place that is so much more than it seems…

Welcome to the Ruby. 

Why Beckie is waiting: Just recently I discovered Hotel Ruby on Goodreads while browsing upcoming new releases for the fall/winter. It was the cover that drew me in and after reading the blurb for the book I knew I had to add it to my TBR pile. Hotel Ruby sounds like a fun thriller that will have me on the end of my seat wondering what happens next. There just isn't enough GREAT mystery/thriller novels in YA so I am excited to see if this book fits the bill. Plus, I love author Suzanne Young's books!


What books are you waiting for this week?

Leave a comment down below with the book that you are waiting for 
or a link to your WOW post so I can return the favor and visit you too! :) 


9 comments :

  1. I'm really looking forward to both of these too! I love a good mystery/thriller so I'm hoping to love Hotel Ruby! :)

    -- Nicola Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotel ruby sounds soo good. I love cover. great picks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hotel Ruby sounds really good. Your other choice is new to me. Great WOW picks.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE ONE THING IS AMAAAAZING!!! Sorry for caps but omggg I loved this book so much! I already read the ARC and well ... it's awesome! You should totally read it as soon as you can! <3

    Here's my WoW! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one does sound pretty good! I've actually seen some great reviews on it already.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks. Just added them on my tbr shelf!

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh Hotel Ruby looks really good! Great picks!!

    My WOW: http://mommywantstoread.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-calvin-by-martine.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Hotel Ruby's cover and both the books sound great!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't heard of Hotel Ruby before, it sounds amazing! And I love the cover :)

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian