Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Review: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Title: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1)
Author: J.K. Rowling
Hardcover, 310 pages
Published: November 1st, 2003
Publisher: Scholastic
Genre: MG - Fantasy - Magic



Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy. He lives with his Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and cousin Dudley, who are mean to him and make him sleep in a cupboard under the stairs. (Dudley, however, has two bedrooms, one to sleep in and one for all his toys and games.) Then Harry starts receiving mysterious letters and his life is changed forever. He is whisked away by a beetle-eyed giant of a man and enrolled at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The reason: Harry Potter is a wizard! The first book in the "Harry Potter" series makes the perfect introduction to the world of Hogwarts.
Purchase at: Amazon | B&N | TBD | Kobo 

I am not the creator of this image. No copyright infringement intended.
  Wow, rereading a book with the knowledge of what's going to happen is really awesome! I got to catch on things in the beginning that I never did before. I am not sure if this is my first or second reread, but when I first read this, I was still in grade school and I didn't think the same way that I do now. But I must say, Harry Potter is definitely amazing no matter how many times I read it. 

  Yes, it's a bit juvenile, but it's written for kids anyway. And even now that I am reading this one as a teen, I cannot disregard that this book is a work of art. Yes, art - bringing readers into a vivid, magical mystery that is filled with colors and easy to imagine. I definitely loved J.K. Rowling's writing style with this one! 

  I must say, J.K. Rowling is good at throwing people off haha! Of course I knew how things were going to work out in the end, but I can imagine how those who haven't read the book yet can be misguided.  

  My favorite scene from this book is when Nevile finally stood up to someone, which just happened to be Harry, Ron and Hermione. It cracked me up when Ron told Neville, "Yeah, but not to us." My second favorite is when the trio each had a certain "job" to complete in the end, so that each of them was useful, and it wasn't just centered on Harry.  

  Harry Potter is definitely a must-read for kids and adults alike.  

  On a side note, imagine the whole book in Hermione's perspectives. I bet there would be no chapter without mention of how stupid the boys are. Haha!

Totally EPIC! One of the best books I have read. A MUST read!
This was a reread and I would reread it again!



1 comment :

  1. Ahh, that's so awesome that you've reread this book! I think I must've read it like 3 times, and now I am planning on renewing my whole Harry Potter collection (since they have some beautiful new covers at my book store) and reread the entire series! Can't wait! I mean, as a book reviewer, you've got to have all the Harry Potter books in your review archives, right??

    Loved your review :)


    Florentine @ Readiculously Peachy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian