Saturday, August 8, 2015

Book Review: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

Title: P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2)
Author: Jenny Han
Hardcover, 337 pages
Published: May 26th, 2015
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Bought



Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.
Purchase at: Amazon | B&N | TBD | Kobo

     P.S. I Still Love You continues right where To All the Boys I've Loved Before ended, and I'm glad. This was a quick and short read. I didn't enjoy this as much as the first book, but all the elements that I loved from the first book are still present - the cute romance, the family bond, being there for others, and the harsh realities of life.

  I expected a lot from this book, and while it's not a 5-star read, I still enjoyed it thoroughly, given my high expectations. There were still lots of amazing quotes, and the feels were definitely there! I was annoyed at how I was constantly feeling like something wrong was about to happen, which prevented me from enjoying the story as much as I should have. Although, when I read the ending, I finally got why it was so.

  I really loved Kitty in this book. Sure, she's kinda annoying in that kid way sometimes, but most of the time, she's actually right. She's wise beyond her years and she knows much more than I knew when I was 9 or 10. In this book, I saw that she's equal parts Margo and Lara Jean.

  Another favorite character is Stormy
. I really enjoyed the chapters where she was present. She's strong, independent, quirky, isn't afraid of saying things, and she imparts some great knowledge, albeit being a bit sexist. She's really different from any other grandma I've read of or known, and it's enjoyable reading about her.

  The ending of this book was not the kind of happy ending that I was expecting, but I am appeased by it. I still felt all the feels, and I felt really connected with Lara Jean. As always, Jenny Han's writing was just amazing! Definitely a must-read!

Totally Awesome! I loved it, would read again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian