Monday, August 17, 2015

Bout of Books Read-a-thon #14: Goals and Updates! #boutofbooks

Bout of Books


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 17th and runs through Sunday, August 23rd in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 14 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.


Welcome everyone! Starting today is the Bout of Books Read-a-thon #14!  
As many of you know I just adore doing read-a-thons! It's such a fun way to challenge yourself into reading more outside your comfort zone, as well as participating in mini-challenges, and meeting new people. I always have a blast each time and I'd love to see some of my blog readers join in on the fun! Here's the deets if you'd like to join. 

The sign up for will remain open today and tomorrow. You can join via a blog, Goodreads, facebook, twitter, etc. As long as you have a way of posting your updates throughout the readathon. For more into, mini-challenge schedule, and to sign up, click here

Time Devoted to Reading -
  • I will be reading from August 17th-23rd
Goals:
  • Read 3-5 books.
  • Do mini-challenges.
  • READ MORE, GET DISTRACTED LESS! 
  • Do Twitter chats
  • Meets new people, make friends, but most of all have fun!
  • Be more proactive with posting daily updates on the blog, twitter and leaving comments on other read-a-thon participants blogs.
Books I will be reading - 
 - Note: All books below I will be trying to read or want to read.  My book choices may change, thus an update will be supplied.

Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay -  reading now
An Age of License: a travelogue by Lucy Knisley - Finished
Relish: My Life in The Kitchen by Lucy Knisley
The Rules by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie Finished
Gaia by Karen Ann Hopkins (ARC) Finished
Day One Updates: August 17th, 2015
Number of books read today: 1
Total Pages Read today: 195
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 1
Number of books read in Total: 1

Day Two Updates: August 18th, 2015
Number of books read today: 0
Total Pages Read today: 130
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 1
Number of books read in Total: 1

Day Three Updates: August 19th, 2015
Number of books read today: 0
Total Pages Read today: 60
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 0
Number of books read in Total: 1

Day Four Updates: August 20th, 2015
Number of books read today: 1
Total Pages Read today: 156
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 1
Number of books read in Total: 2

Day Five Updates: August 21st, 2015
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total:

Day Six Updates: August 22nd, 2015
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total:

Day Seven Updates: August 23rd, 2015
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total:

Challenge #1: Day 1Fictional World Travel Challenge 



Challenge #2: Day 2 - SCAVENGER HUNT hosted by The Book Monsters

You can find all of my choices on my Instagram page!




Challenge #4: Day 4 - Four Seasons in Book Covers Challenge

For this challenge, you need to convey the four seasons in book covers – through color, title, cover, etc. You can be literal or take a more creative approach. Anything goes! 

Here is mine:



Challenge #4: Day 4 - What to Read Next Challenge

For this Challenge, you need to recommend 3 books (and only 3 books) that you have read this year that you think should be recognized as something great - something everyone should have on their TBR list for this fall.  If you can, say a short little something about why you recommend these books. 

1. The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender (my review)
     I just recently did a review for this book and as you can tell by my review (if you have read it) I LOVED everything about this amazing novel! Want to know more about why I think this book should be on everyone's TBR list? Read my review. ;)

2. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover 
    This year I discovered a new author Colleen Hoover. I am SO glad I did. Her books are one of my favorite books I have EVER read like in all 36 years I've been alive. Maybe, Someday has been my favorite so far. 

3. Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
    This whole series is simply amazing! Anything Jennifer L. Armentrout is amazing! Enough, said! ;)




Thank you for stopping by to check out my Bout of Books readathon post! I'd love hear your thoughts on what I'm reading, a supportive Good Luck or even a Hi! Leave me a comment if you'd like and if your participating as well then leave me a link to your post and I will be sure to stop by to visit you!

1 comment :

  1. Good luck, Beckie! I hope you enjoy all the books on your list :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian