Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (#13) + Teaser Tuesday (#35)



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!



This week's Top Ten is: 


Top Ten Favorite Authors In YA Contemporary Genre:

  1. Katie McGarry (author of Pushing The Limits)
  2. Stephanie Perkins (author of Anna and The French Kiss)
  3. Lori Culwell (author of The Dirt)
  4. John Green (author of The Fault in our Stars)
  5. Jennifer Echols (author of Such a Rush)
  6. Hannah Harrington (author of Speechless)
  7. Sarah Dessen (author of Along for the Ride)
  8. Gayle Forman (author of If I Stay)
  9. Sherry Gammon (author of Unlovable) 
  10. Ally Carter (author of Heist Society)

Share you list with me in the comments section below. I will come take a peak. ãƒ„



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

The Rules:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) or so “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.

This week's teaser comes from Promised written by Caragh M. O'Brien.




She took off the sling she'd use for Maya and checked to make sure she had her knife in her boot. Then she glanced back at the stream of people still winding their way down into the unlake.


Taken from page 58













Please share with me your Top Ten or teaser for this week.
 It may take me some time to get all of your blogs but I will asap. ;)

I am so excited to be reading the next book in the Birthmarked series. Has anyone else read these books? 

Thank you for stopping by and Happy Reading!

 

6 comments :

  1. I've seen a lot of reviews of books by those authors but I've never tried them. Love your teaser today. http://ladygaladrielkj.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-and-teaser-quoth-raven.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, wonder what she's planning on doing.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesdays_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a ton of the same favorite authors! Stephanie Perkins and Gayle Forman are seriously two of my all time favorites! Great list!

    Check out my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this topic too (it's a popular choice this week... I thought more ppl would do fantasy stuff)... anyway we have 4 in common!! Katie McGarry didn't make my list bc she only has the one book... but it was an AMAZING book!! One of my fav's of 2012 for sure!

    Here's My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't started the Birthmarked series yet but I hope to very soon, they sound fantastic :)

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Contemporary is a very popular genre this week! I see a lot of popular names. I really want to read John Green & Stephanie Perkins :)

    TTT fairytales authors @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian