Monday, September 7, 2015

Review: Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy Cherry

Title: Loving Mr. Daniels
Author: Brittainy Cherry
Kindle, 310 pages
Published: May 11th, 2014
Publisher: self- published
Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance



To Whom it May Concern,

It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soulmates.

When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn’t plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue that his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no idea that my happiness would remember its own bliss.

When I started senior year at my new school, I wasn’t prepared to call him Mr. Daniels, but sometimes life happens at the wrong time for all the right reasons.

Our love story wasn’t only about the physical connection.

It was about family. It was about loss. It was about being alive. It was silly. It was painful. It was mourning. It was laughter.

It was ours.

And for those reasons alone, I would never apologize for loving Mr. Daniels.

-Ashlyn Jennings
Purchase at: Amazon | B&N | TBD | Kobo 


  I'm not a big fan of forbidden romance, but for some reason I've always been drawn to teacher-student romances. Maybe because the first one I read, A Proscriptive Relationship by Jordan Lynde on Wattpad years ago, was one of the best books I've read then. After that book, I also read Slammed by Colleen Hoover and loved it. And now this, which broke my heart but I still love. These teacher-student romance novels usually follow a trend, but they all have their own stories to tell.


    "May the journey be worth the ultimate death.
    May the sweet memories of us never be put to rest." 


  Loving Mr. Daniels is an amazing book, and definitely very different from the other teacher-student romance I've read. The writing style is unique and really beautiful. There were so many amazing quotes in this book that I will probably look back at from time to time since they were all very meaningful.


    "Right now, we were just two people made to screw up, fuck up, 
and learn new things. We were made perfectly imperfect." 


  My favorite thing about this novel is how Ashlyn became friends with her step-siblings, Hailey and Ryan, instead of hating them on the spot. Not only did they become friends, but they became the ones who lifted Ashlyn up through her hardships. Plus, I know that Ashlyn was also able to help Hailey and Ryan.


"There should be a universal law that said young people shouldn't
be allowed to die. Because they never really had a chance to live." 


  This book took me to an emotional roller coaster ride. This book was filled with sadness, but at the same time it was filled with so much hope too. I couldn't help but feel connected to both Ashlyn and Daniel. They are characters who seem so real to me. Actually, I think all the characters were pretty realistic. I loved how everything came to an end. How things were mostly fixed, but not really. Because that's just the way that life is.


"Yeah, guilt was harsh. But hope was just as powerful a weapon." 


  My favorite books are often those that teach me lessons before I have to make the mistake, and also those that I can relate to. Loving Mr. Daniels hit the jackpot with both of those descriptions. It's an amazing novel and I can't wait to read more from the same author! Definitely a must-read!


  And just like Mr. Daniels, form now on this is what I want to be when I grow up:

    "I want to be unafraid of the outcome of life.
    I want to remember to breathe in the laughter and cherish the tears.
    I want to dive into hope and land in love.
    I want to be alive when I grow up because...
    I have never been alive in all my life.
    ... start living today.
    And forgive ourselves for the shitty yesterdays." 


Totally EPIC! One of the best books I have read. A MUST read!
This was a reread and I would reread it again!



1 comment :

  1. Awesome review Kim! ;) NA is not my cup of tea, but I love student-teacher romance too, ever since Aria and Ezra in Pretty Little Liars! After your review, I feel I definitely need to put my hands on this book as soon as possible...I've had another book on the same subject, "Me and Mr J", on my TBR...I'll let you know if it's good! ;)
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian