Thursday, March 20, 2014

Review: Find Momo by Andrew Knapp

Title: Find Momo: Hide and Seek with an Adventurous Border Collie
Author: Andrew Knapp
Published: March 4th 2014 by Quirk Books
Paperback, 144 pages
Genre: NF > Art > Photography 
Source: From publisher (print ARC)
Reading Level: Everyone :)



Thousands of Internet fans play hide-and-seek with Momo the border collie every day, and now you can, too. Momo and his best buddy Andrew Knapp have traveled all over—through fields, down country roads, across cities, and into yards, neighborhoods, and surreal spaces of all sorts. The result is a book of spectacular photography that’s also a game you can play anytime. Lose yourself in page after page of Andrew’s beautiful, serene, dreamlike images, and sooner or later you’ll find Momo’s sweet, eager face looking back at you. (Can’t find him? Don’t worry…the answers are in the back.)
Purchase @ Amazon |  B&N | Kobo | IndieboundThe Book Depository



A few months ago I was asked by Quirk Books to review a little book called Find Momo. Kind of like "Where's Waldo?" but with a beautiful border collie named Momo. Andrew Knapp author, photographer, and of course owner of Momo decided to share his pup doing the one thing he loves to do best; hide. Being a dog owner myself I was intrigued by the book and was very excited to read (or rather look at it). 


Find Momo is a mix of beautiful landscaping, colorful and exciting photos and all around a lot of fun finding Momo on each page. I was surprise to find some photo's were pretty difficult to see where little Momo was hiding. Others quite easy. I looked at the book with my Mom and sister. We had fun seeing who found Momo first. Definitely a unique and fun activity for all ages.


I was very captivated by the photo's Andrew took for his book. You could really tell how much hard work and time Andrew put into his book. There were far off places around the world, small towns, lush forests, mountains, and so much more. Besides the actually game of finding Momo in each picture, I really enjoyed looking at all the places Andrew and his pup have been to.  I had a blast with this book and without a doubt would recommend it to people of all ages. If you're a huge dog lover like me then it's all the more reason to get the book. 


Another thing I enjoyed about Find Momo is learning more about the little guy. Yes, the photos were enough to make me love the book but I glad the author decided to add fun facts about Momo and even some notes about several photos in the book. 


Hide and Seek with an Adventurous Border Collie was a pure joy for me to read and one I will be sharing with my family and friends for years to come. 


My min-pin Nikki checking out Find Momo!
*I think she has a crush.*  ^__^ 
4.5 - Totally Awesome! I loved it, would read again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian