Saturday, March 26, 2011

--> Book Review: Captivate by Carrie Jones <--





TitleCaptivate
Author: Carrie Jones
Number of Pages: 273
Published: Published January 5th 2010 by Bloomsbury USA (first published September 2nd 2009)
SeriesNeed #2




GoodReads Info:

Zara and her friends knew they hadn't solved the pixie problem for good. Far from it. The king's needs grow deeper every day he's stuck in captivity, while his control over his people gets weaker. It's made him vulnerable. And now there's a new king in town.

A turf war is imminent, since the new pixie king, Astley, is moving in quickly. Nick nearly killed him in the woods on day one, but Zara came to his rescue. Astley swears that he and Zara are destined to be together, that he's one of the good guys. Nick isn't buying it, though Zara isn't as sure -- despite herself, she wants to trust the new king. But it's a lot more than her relationship with Nick that is at stake. It's her life -- and his.
 

My Thoughts: (I gave this book 4 Stars)

Captivate is the second book in the Need series. Need left us where Zara found out that he real Dad is a fairy King and Zara and her friends trapped the evil pixie away so they would not do anymore hard to there people and town. Nick her new boyfriend is no dog, but a amazing sexy were-wolf. In Captivate, Zara meets a new Pixie King who only has eyes for her. Astley wants Zara to be more than a friend but his queen. I found myself liking Astley. I believe her truly has good intention with Zara. Although she does not anything to be with him. Zara is deeply in love with Nick. Astley is doing all he can to help Zara trust him and form a bond, but how can she when Zara and her friends hate Pixie and want nothing but them all to disappear. Although I am a huge fan of Nick I found myself liking Astley. So is he good or evil... Zara does not know what to believe until during a fight between good and evil "something" bad happens to Nick which could and will change Zara's world again, and she will find anyway to help Nick....even if that means becoming something she has been fighting against since she first came to Maine...

I really loved this book and suggest anyone who likes to read books on faries will love this series. I enjoyed Captivate and Carrie Jones is an amazing storyteller. A fun and fast read. I have read the last book in the series and will do a review for it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian