Monday, May 12, 2014

Bout of Books Read-a-thon 10 - Goals & Updates!

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.

Welcome to Bout of Books 10! 

Runs May 12th - May 18th.
Sign up: HERE 
Twitter hashtag: #Boutofbooks


It's time once again for another Bout of Books read-a-thon. YAY! *claps* This is my 8th one I've participated in in the past few years and if you've never done one you're surely missing out. They are so much fun! Reading, making friends, chatting about books and a bunch of giveaways. 


On this post you will find what books I will be reading, my goals and daily updates throughout the next week. I will be updating THIS post each day, so check back often to see what's new. I may do a few other posts throughout the week to recap. Also all mini-challenges I complete will be at the bottom of this post.


 I will be also posting my day-by-day updates on my twitter account.  @SyCo4Twilight using the hashtag #boutofbooks







Time Devoted to Reading:
  • I will be reading from the May 12th - May 18th.

Goals:
  • Read 3-5 Books.
  • Do mini-challenges. DONE!
  • Keep up with daily updates. 
  • Visit & leave comments on Bout of Books participants blogs.
  • READ MORE, GET DISTRACTED LESS! 
  • Join in on Twitter chats and make new friends. ;)

Books I will be reading - 
( These book may be subject to change. Also I plan on mood reading, which basically means I will choose a few extra books and read the ones I am in the mood for at the time. Of course not all book below will be read. )

Tease by Amanda Maciel
Time after time by Tamara Ireland Stone
Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell 
Always Emily by Michaela MacColl 
The Treatment by Suzanne Young  


Added some more books...
The One by Kiera Cass 
Sleep No More by Aprilynne Pike





Day One UpdatesMay 12th, 2014
Number of books read today: 0
Total Pages Read today: 260
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 1
Number of books read in Total: 0

Day Two UpdatesMay 13th, 2014
Number of books read today: 1
Total Pages Read today: can't remember
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 2
Number of books read in Total: 1


Day Three UpdatesMay 14th, 2014
Number of books read today: 0
Total Pages Read today: 300
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 1
Number of books read in Total: 1

Day Four UpdatesMay 15th, 2014
Number of books read today: 1
Total Pages Read today: 145
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 1
Number of books read in Total: 2

Day Five UpdatesMay 16th, 2014
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total: 

Day Six UpdatesMay 17th, 2014
Number of books read today:
Total Pages Read today:
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total: 

Day Seven UpdatesMay 18th, 2014
Number of books read today: 
Total Pages Read today: 
Mini Challenges Completed Today: 
Number of books read in Total: 



Informal Challenge
To kick off the read-a-thon, we're doing something a little different. We're hosting an informal challenge. Take a picture of yourself with your reading pile, your reading companions, the Bout of Books tagline (Are you ready to get your read on?), or anything else that will let us get to know YOU! Upload it to any social media site with the #boutofbooks hashtag and CONNECT with other readers!ARE YOU READY TO GET YOUR READ ON?

Hi, my name is Beckie and here's my Bout of Books reading pile and fur-baby I cuddle with while reading. ;) Her name is Nikki. 


Here's my Kindle Fire for when I need a break from reading. ;) 



The Book Barbies Challenge: If You Like X, Try Y

If you like, Lola and The Boy Next Door, then try Biggest Flirts by Jennifer Echols. (review coming tomorrow)

If you like a YA Mystery/Thriller then try, 



My Life in Books' Bookish Battle Royal Challenge
The Rules1. Choose three or more fictional characters as combatants – they can be haphazardly picked or themed (for example, I went with badass classic literature protagonists)2. List three strengths and weakness for each contender (feel free to skip this step if you’re using social media to participate in Bout of Books i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads…)3. Determine who would come out victorious and give a little explanation why you think they would win – get creative with the outcomes!4. Link in the comments and if you tweet about this challenge make sure to use the hashtag #bookbattleroyal in addition to #boutofbooks because I want to see all your dueling characters!

The Combatants
Fallen Angels / Angels

- Patch Cipriano -
from Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick 

Strengths - Determined, Part Angel, Willing to Die for those he loves
Weakness - Sometimes shallow, doesn't think before he acts, stubborn 


- Kalona - 
from the House of Night series by P.C. Cast

Strengths - Immortal, able to fly, able to shift to anyone to hide his true appearance. 
Weakness - Can be trapped him under the earth, Jealousy, love


- Jackson Godspeed -
from Immortal City series by Scott Speer

Strengths -. Super Strong, Can fly, Immortal
Weakness - Love, Money, ?



And the winner is....
Kalona wins because unlike Patch and Jackson he is pure evil! He lives only to serve himself and the Goddess Nyx. His powers are no compare to those of Patch and Jackson. 



Kimberlyfaye Reads' Spell It Out Challenge

For this challenge I have to use book titles to spell out my name, Beckie




NEON YETI READS' Rainbow of Books Challenge




Oh Magic Hour' Retitle Your Current Read Challenge

I would retitle my current read " The One by Kiera Cass" as - One Girl, One Price, love conquers all! 


6 comments :

  1. I just recently read Dear Killer and I liked it a lot! I really want to read Tease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo! I am glad you liked it, and I can't wait to read it. In fact I am reading it next. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian