Friday, October 25, 2013

Review by Hillary: Find Me by Romily Bernard


Title: Find Me
Author: Romily Bernard
Published: September 24th 2013 by HarperTeen
Hardcover, 307 pages
Source: 
Genre: Mystery/Thriller/Romance
Reading Level: YA



“Find Me.”

These are the words written on Tessa Waye’s diary. The diary that ends up with Wick Tate. But Tessa’s just been found . . . dead.

Wick has the right computer-hacking skills for the job, but little interest in this perverse game of hide-and-seek. Until her sister Lily is the next target.

Then Griff, trailer-park boy next door and fellow hacker, shows up, intent on helping Wick. Is a happy ending possible with the threat of Wick’s deadbeat dad returning, the detective hunting him sniffing around Wick instead, and a killer taunting her at every step?

Foster child. Daughter of a felon. Loner hacker girl. Wick has a bad attitude and sarcasm to spare.

But she’s going to find this killer no matter what.

Because it just got personal.



Whoa! Why couldn’t I figure out who the mystery killer was? Why did I think I could figure out who it was in the first place?
Those are the questions I asked myself throughout the last few chapters until the end of Find Me. First, I couldn’t even believe I’d finished the book in about three hours when I couldn’t even read about three chapters in the past four days, so I was pretty surprised. Secondly, every event that happened after the character started getting closer and closer to Tessa’s killer became a world full of whirlwinds. And thirdly, I could see why I believed in the story before ever getting my hands on this book. By the way, I would like to give out a shout out to Romily Bernard for writing an amazing and entertaining story and also for giving readers (like me) the opportunity to win her book. I wouldn’t have been able to read Find Me for many more months I’m sure.
The story starts out with Wick (Wicket) Tate being confused about why a detective she knows well is stalking her and her younger sister at their new home. Wick and her younger sister, Lily, go to investigate why the heck the detective is there at the most ungodly hour of night, when everyone else is asleep, and find that the detective is looking for ways into the home. Thankfully, the doors are locked, but the creepy smile he throws at them through the window is creepy enough. Weirdest part, he couldn’t see them, but they could see him.
As I said, the events afterwards became whirlwinds of all kinds of crazy. However, I can say the moments that I loved the most throughout the story were the ones that involved Wick and Griff. Those just made me feel envious because I’ve never met a guy so genuinely kind and brave like Griff is. If he were real, I would probably have to fight Wick for him.
So you’re probably wondering what the characters are like and who they are, right? Let’s start with Wick. She is all sorts of awesomeness and even if she has a bad mouth once in a while, I think it makes her who she is and makes her tougher. Her attitude though reminds me a lot of myself. When it comes to me and my parents (mostly my dad) I give off a lot of attitude and even more so when I’m just not in the mood. I love her sarcasm! Somehow, Romily is good with this trait and it almost always comes out sort of funny. Lauren is Wick’s only and closest friend and she is almost as awesome as Wick. She’s definitely a tough girl and I would never mind having a friend who could defend and watch my back like she does for Wick. Griff is kind of not a lot to Wick in the beginning, but *hint hint* they grow into more with the circumstances that surrounds them. I can only imagine what he looks like, but my mind comes up with a really hot guy. Lily is Wick’s younger sister and I really adored how Romily portrayed her youth and innocence throughout the story. I could feel and empathize with Wick the whole time. If that were my sister I’d do anything to keep her safe too.
Find Me by Romily Bernard is an epic read! I couldn’t put it down (though I had to at times because studying started swamping up my time). I finished the story only to crave more and knowing there are two more books in the next few years makes me feel excited already! I also have to say that Romily is a sweet, awesome, and hilarious author and you should totally hit her up on twitter and chat. She doesn’t bite I promise. (Okay, back to the review) The character growth in the story is gradual and timely with the events that occur. I could practically see and feel Wick grow mentally, physically, and emotionally. She no longer had anything to be afraid of once she realized it only became her weakness. She learned to love others when she used to be unsure if she could trust anyone. And she learned to believe in herself after thinking she would only disappoint and have everyone distrust her. I could see a little of myself in Wick and the parts that I didn’t made me wish and hope to grow gradually as she had. I believe Find Me was an epic and honest read. I loved how the story surprised me each time and I liked that the past and present blended together to create an amazing story (you’ll see what I mean once you read the story yourself). I hope other’s read Find Me as well and understand what an awesome person and writer Romily is. She is definitely one of a kind!
Totally EPIC! One of the best books I have read. A MUST read!!

Special Guest: Book Reviewer:
Hillary
Find Hillary @
Goodreads | Twitter | 
Hillary currently lives in Fontana, California and sometimes wishes she lived in a rainier place. When out of her world of fiction and music, college homework becomes part of her focus and so does worrying about exams. She still manages to find plenty of time to read YA books and hopes to have a room full of books like some authors are fortunate to have. Hillary is currently working toward earning a degree in English, but in the meantime she is content to help a very kind book blogger known as Beckie from Bittersweet Enchantment. Hillary hopes to become a well-known author one day, but currently writes small stories whenever she has time.

Wow, what a fantastic review! Leave some comment love for Hillary. :)


2 comments :

  1. I really enjoyed Find Me too. I found it intriguing and scary. I thought it was scary because I couldn't figure out for the longest time too, the killer blended in so well, and that's how real life doesn't? I can't wait for the next book in the series!

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the next book either! I'll definitely be buying it once it comes out! Thanks for commenting :D

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian