Saturday, October 12, 2013

Review by Hillary: The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski


Title: The Edge of Never 
Series: The Edge of Never #1 
Author: J.A. Redmerski 
Pages: 481 
Publishing Company: Createspace 
Released: November 13th 2012 
Genre: NA—Contemporary Romance





Sometimes life takes you off course…

Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett thought she knew exactly where her life was going. But after a wild night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she shocks everyone—including herself—when she decides to leave the only life she’s ever known and set out on her own. Grabbing her purse and her cell phone, Camryn boards a Greyhound bus ready to find herself. Instead, she finds Andrew Parrish.

Sexy and exciting, Andrew lives life like there is no tomorrow. He persuades Camryn to do things she never thought she would and shows her how to give in to her deepest, most forbidden desires. Soon he becomes the center of her daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But there is more to Andrew than Camryn realizes. Will his secret push them inseparably together—or destroy them forever?
Purchase @ Amazon | B&N |  KoboBook Depository 

For the first time I had to read this book twice before I could even decipher what to write in a review. I’m surprised by this because usually it’s easy as making cupcakes to just let go what I feel after reading any other book, but this time there was no such luck.

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski is full of emotion. So this is an early warning: when you read this book—not if—you will need a tissue box next to you in case you can’t hold in those traitor tears that will fall whenever there’s a scene that hits you in the gut. I know this because I went through it. I thought I wouldn’t cry again after the second time, but yeah that didn’t work out. Even after knowing what happens I still had to wipe some tears away. That’s how much this book affected me.

Camryn Bennett and Andrew Parrish share POV’s in this book, though I would like to think Camryn is the main point of view because you don’t really start reading from Andrew’s POV until Camryn meets him on their fated bus trip. Before that, Camryn is living her normal, monotonous life where she wakes up and does the same things each day with maybe slight differences. One day she wakes up and realizes that she can’t stay in North Carolina anymore and decides she needs to leave and go on that trip she wanted to go on with her boyfriend Ian before he died two years prior. She finally gets the courage to go on that trip again to find out who she really is and what she wants in life which becomes the start to Camryn meeting Andrew. Their chemistry sort of awakens early on but it’s easy to tell how both are reluctant to take things further. What I loved the most was that Andrew kept an eye out for Camryn and she didn’t know it. It was like he felt a need to protect her even if they were still practically strangers to each other. I remember the first time I read this book I was confused that their bus trip was going to end, but it was based on them both going on a road trip together. Thankfully, you’ll see that they weren’t meant to be apart for a long period of time.

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski was probably the first New Adult book I have ever read (unless you count fan fiction). This book also became my favorite summer read and maybe even of the year read. It’s not only because there’s so many raging reviews out there about this book (though I’ll admit those reviews convinced me to buy this book), but also because I learned a lot from this book. Sure, there’s a lot of great and amazing reads out there that let you escape from reality for a while, but there are hardly any books that leave a long and lasting impression of knowledge on you. The Edge of Never did exactly that for me and I don’t regret purchasing this book on impulse (the gorgeous cover helped as well). J.A. Redmerski is an amazing author. She may be new to the publishing world and new to being well known, but she’s managed to captivate so many fans in such a short amount of time that I have to admit I’m one of those fans too. I’m already counting down for the sequel, The Edge of Always, to come out in just a matter of months and cannot wait for its release. I definitely recommend this book to all mature young adults (there’s a reason this book is categorized as New Adult), and promise you this will not leave your mind for at least a week (maybe a month). Your heartstrings won’t be able to resist Andrew’s charming and outgoing personality or Camryn’s wit to try new things and overcome her fears. You’ll learn and think about things you might have not given much thought to before reading this book and you’ll laugh, cry, and swoon for a bunch of stuff that happens between both characters. This is definitely a must read and I hope everyone who hasn’t read this book does because it’s amazing!

 4.5! Totally Awesome! I loved it, would read again.

Special Guest: Book Reviewer:
Hillary
Find Hillary @
Goodreads | Twitter | 
Hillary currently lives in Fontana, California and sometimes wishes she lived in a rainier place. When out of her world of fiction and music, college homework becomes part of her focus and so does worrying about exams. She still manages to find plenty of time to read YA books and hopes to have a room full of books like some authors are fortunate to have. Hillary is currently working toward earning a degree in English, but in the meantime she is content to help a very kind book blogger known as Beckie from Bittersweet Enchantment. Hillary hopes to become a well-known author one day, but currently writes small stories whenever she has time.

Show some love for Hillary? 
Leave a comment on her review. :)



1 comment :

  1. Thanks for posting up this review! This is actually one of my favorites. I gave it a lot of thought and the ending results don't disappoint :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian