Thursday, May 30, 2013

What's Next? # 4 | Darker Still, 17 & Gone, Altered

"What's Next?" is hosted by IceyBooks. I am always have trouble deciding what book I should read next so this will be a great way for you my readers to help me with my decision.



Here's how it works (for those of you who want to participate):

-Every Thursday, select three-five books (not too many, not too little!) that you want to read but can't decide which one to read first. 

-Post the cover, and if you want, the synopsis or even a random line from the book, for each of your selections. 

-At the end of your post, ask readers to vote on which one you should read next!

For more info: Click Here



So here we go...


Choice One: Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber



Darker Still (Magic Most Foul, #1)
by Leanna Renee Hieber
Genre: Fantasy > Historical Fiction


I was obsessed.


It was as if he called to me, demanding I reach out and touch the brushstrokes of color swirled onto the canvas. It was the most exquisite portrait I'd ever seen--everything about Lord Denbury was unbelievable...utterly breathtaking and eerily lifelike.

There was a reason for that. Because despite what everyone said, Denbury never had committed suicide. He was alive. Trapped within his golden frame.

I've crossed over into his world within the painting, and I've seen what dreams haunt him. They haunt me too. He and I are inextricably linked--bound together to watch the darkness seeping through the gas-lit cobblestone streets of Manhattan. Unless I can free him soon, things will only get Darker Still.

Choice Two: 17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma 


17 & Gone
by Nova Ren Suma
Paranormal > Mystery Thriller


Seventeen-year-old Lauren is having visions of girls who have gone missing. And all these girls have just one thing in common—they are 17 and gone without a trace. As Lauren struggles to shake these waking nightmares, impossible questions demand urgent answers: Why are the girls speaking to Lauren? How can she help them? And… is she next? As Lauren searches for clues, everything begins to unravel, and when a brush with death lands her in the hospital, a shocking truth emerges, changing everything.

With complexity and richness, Nova Ren Suma serves up a beautiful, visual, fresh interpretation of what it means to be lost.






Choice Three: Altered by Jennifer Rush

Altered (Altered, #1)
by Jennifer Rush
Genre: Science Fiction > Dystopia


When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them. 

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.



 What book do YOU think I should read next? 

3 comments :

  1. These all sound really interesting. I choose 17 & Gone, but it's possible I'm being influenced by that awesome cover! I'm now following you via BlogLovin'!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely Altered!! That is the only book I read but I LOVED Altered!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go for Altered! It has been on my wish list forever!! Hear a lot of good things about it!

    Irene @ Icequeensbookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian