Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (#14) + Teaser Tuesday (#36)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!


This week's Top Ten is: 


Top Ten Books To Get In The Halloween Spirit


1. I am currently reading Alice in Zombieland. Although it turned out not to be what I thought the story would be like. I still am loving it! What's not to love about kicking some zombie butt! 






2. The Immortal Rules is one of my favorite reads this year. A lot of horror and the world-building is phenomenal. 







3. This book is one of the scariest books I have read. In fact the whole "Bad Girls Don't Die" series is totally wicked spooky. I am a huge fan of the authors work. These books are one not to miss and would definitely play well into a Halloween themed read. 





4. The Devouring is by far the scariest book I have EVER read. I could not read this at night or else I would have nightmares. This whole series was just mind-boggling. So not for the weak hearted. If you are a fan of horror novels then be sure to read this series. 





5. If you enjoy books about witches then Born Wicked would be perfect for you. This books was SO good! I love each and every page. By far my favorite book read in 2012. 






6. Scary School is really fun and light middle-grade read. I reviewed the book months ago and loved it. :) It would be a great Halloween read for younger kids. 






7. Bad Taste in Boys is a very fun zombie novel. I read the book over a year ago and really enjoyed it. In fact this book was one of the first zombie novels I had read and really peaked my interest in reading more books like it. 





8. The cover alone is surely a reason to read this book during October. Zombies are really popular this year. While I have not read Rot & Ruin, I do in fact own it. Just need to read it sometime soon. 






9. I LOVE the cover of the book, The Turning. For those of you not familiar with this book, it is a re-telling of the classic Turn of the Screw. I would never want to live in that house. Way to spooky!









10. While I have yet to read, The Blessed. I have read reviews on this book and make it sound quite freaky and strange. I love a book that will keep me guessing. 










Share your Top Ten list with me in the comments section below. I will come take a peak. ãƒ„




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

The Rules:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) or so “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.


Since I am reading two book this week I am going to go ahead and post a teaser from both. 
The 1st one comes from:  Middle Ground written by Katie Kacvinsky.





Justin rolled out of bed, wearing nothing but a pair of black boxers. I couldn't help but stare at him as he walked over to the corner of the room and dug through a pile of clothes until he came up with a pair of jeans.

 Taken from page 236.









The 2nd one comes from:  Alice in Zombieland written by Gena Showalter.




The bites I endured began to ache all over again, as if to remind me that they were there and I'd come close to dying.

Taken from page 184.













Please share with me your Top Ten or teaser for this week.
 It may take me some time to get all of your blogs but I will asap. ;)

Thank you for stopping by and Happy Reading!

6 comments :

  1. I love your top ten list! I'm very fond of haunted house stories, and I have read The Turning yet, but I love Francine Prose. And I've heard mixed things about Blessed, but I want to read it!

    Here's my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in The Immortal Rules, but I'm hesitant because I wasn't a fan of Kagawa's Iron Fey series. That was mostly because I'm not big on faeries though. Hmmm.
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great top ten. So many I want to read. I am listening to Blessed right now and I recently listeded to Alice in Zombieland (awesome book) Rot and Ruin is really good too. Great teasers too. Adding Middle Ground to my TBR. Here is my Tuesday. http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-30-and-top-ten-20_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just about every one of those books is on my reading list, and the rest are about to find a place on it!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Top Ten!! I am going to read Alice in Zombieland and Bad Girls Don't Die... The Rot & Ruin books just look way too scary for me :)

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great top ten list & teasers. I just finished Alice in Zombieland and loved it.

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!
    new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian