Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Book Chat: Spines ( Response to Misty @Thebookrat)


Book chat is hosted by Mysty @ The Book Rat. This week the topic is book spines and which ones we love and why? For me a book spine is very important. When you are at a book store of a library you may rely on what the spine looks like in order to take a interest in the book on the shelves. So today I am going to show you my readers several book spines in my collection and tell you what I love about each one. 


Here we go!
(sorry for the bad photos, my camera is acting up)

 Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laina Taylor
I love how shiny the cover is and the way it feels so smooth.
I think it's cool that the masked face in featured on the spine as well as the cover. 
The title font is beautiful and very original.

Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly
Love, Love, Loveee the gold swirly accents on the spine. They really draw the eye. Also if you feel the spine the swirls are raised, very cool to touch. The title font is amazing with the white glow around it. This really makes the words POP.

Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
Talk about creepy! The eyeball in the "O" in the word ROT is totally scary. This book so would catch attention while on the shelf. I also love colors; the mix of greens and the way it is shaded. 

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
What can I say, this spine is STUNNING! My favorite part is the script writing like back when books where written by hand. It is all over the book and raised so the reader can feel it. The font and colors work perfect together. 

The Haunted by Jessica Verday
It is somewhat hard to see but the spine has a ivy looking plant on it. Kind of like this --->
The colors are great. I love the blue and purple mixed.

Wake by Amanda Hocking
Very simple but if you look closely you can see the girl used on the cover also appears faintly in the middle of the title and author wording. I love the font used for the title. I wish I knew the name of it.





So what book spines do you love and why? Do you have a favorite?

Post in the comments so may check them out. ãƒ„


2 comments :

  1. Daughter of smoke and bone is by far my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spine for Daughter of Smoke of Bone is just...stunning. I agree with the other spines too. Very pretty. (If I'm remembering right) I think if you take the cover off Angel Burn it also that scrolling on the spine of the actual book?

    I responded to this book chat on my blog if you are interested --> oneadayya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian