Sunday, September 4, 2011

--> Book Review: Wither By Lauren DeStefano <--





Title: Wither
Author: Lauren DeStefano
Number of Pages:  358
Series: The Chemical Garden (#1)
Published: Published March 22nd 2011 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Source: Library










Goodreads Info:  

Obviously, something went terribly wrong. Genetic mutations have festered, reducing human longevity to twenty-five, even less for most women. To prevent extinction, young girls are kidnapped, mated in polygamous marriages with men eager to procreate. Sixteen-year-old Rhine Ellery, a recent victim of this breeding farm mentality, has vowed to break loose from its fetters; but finding allies and a safe way out is a challenge she can only hope she will survive. A dystopian fantasy series starter with wings. Editor's recommendation.


My Thoughts: ( I have Wither 5 Stars )

If I could use one word to describe this book it would be spectacular! I have read some dystopian novels in the past and love them but I was floored by Wither. The whole plot of the book is new and very intriguing. I am not sure why it took me so long to read Wither but if I would have know how much I would have love it I would have read it right away. The author  Lauren DeStefano takes your mind in a whole new world where you can get lost in - by the idea's behind this book. I was in love with the concept of Wither. The whole sister wife's idea and having the main character Rhine living in this situation where she is trapped into a new life were she feel like was dying inside because of her being forced to live with a man she does not know and becoming a sister wife to two other girls who are also being forced to live like this. The whole idea in Wither is that Women die at the young age of 20 and men live until they are 25 years old. There is a virus in which woman and men do not live a long live but dying young. Now women in the teens are forced to be a wife to men they do not know, or being killed. In Rhine case she was taken from her life with her Brother and forced to live and be married to a men in which she does not know and now hates him and his Father. Along with also living with two other young girls who are also in the same predicament. So much happens in Wither. I was so into reading about Rhine and all of the things she much endure that I feel like I was right along with her, shrugging and fighting my way to be free. I just was so to taken by Rhine and the way she handled being there and dealing with so much. I loved the relationships between her and her sister wife's. It was a beautiful story and I don't want to say to much more the book in future detail but with out a doubt this book was such a epic read and I would so recommend Wither to anyone who has read and love dystopian novels. Lauren DeStefano is a amazing writer with a true talent. Wither was a pure joy for me to read. 

1 comment :

  1. I agree! Wither is absolutely spectacular! I need Fever right now. I need to know what happens with Gabriel and Rhine! Ugh, I can't wait :) Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post, I really appreciate it. :) Feel free to leave a comment below, I love reading them and I always try to visit everyone back. *MUAH*

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Looking for Something?

Blog Layout Credits

Design: Rachel Silberman
Coding: Klodian